Webtoon: Escape Into Oblivion (8/10) - Completed

Note: dark, twisted with both characters being manipulative and fudged up. Trigger: abuse, cheating. NOT FOR THE LIGHT-HEARTED.

GENRE

Drama, psychological, romance.

DESCRIPTION

Woojin wants nothing more than to escape reality. 

Hwon wants nothing more than to be with Woojin. 

Baffled by the intensity of Hwon's love, Woojin makes a series of absurd demands to push him away. But no matter how cruel the demands are, Hwon never gives up

COMMENT

I just finished this webtoon and let me tell you, this one put me on a rollercoaster and waved as I screamed. 

I loved it!

I loved that both characters were messed up... the whole story was interesting and even though they were messed up, I kept wanting to know what would happen next. How much more Woojin would push Hwon. How long it would take Hwon to break.

I think my favourite part about this story is that the characters aren't perfect but they also have a reason for why they've turned out the way they have. I loved finding out their stories. I cried at one point which is difficult for me with these themes (twisted and dark), but some parts were just heartbreaking and very human.

And then we get the twists... this is what made this story from a 6.5 to an 8 out of 10. I'm so happy I found this gem and got to read it. Sigh...