Webtoon: Black Mirror (7.5/10) - Completed

Mirror, mirror on the wall...

GENRE

Horror, Psychological, Thriller, Yaoi, Smut, Gory

(Just want to point out that I don't like horrors but I was fine with this.)

DESCRIPTION

Tae Joon suffered a traumatic event in his youth that led him to lose his childhood memories. 

While looking for a place to rent, he meets Jung Yeon Woo, who claims to have been his childhood best friend and ends up becoming his housemate. After he moves in, Tae Joon starts having horrific dreams of countless hands groping his body or Yeon Woo giving him unfamiliar pleasures. 

Haunted by the daily occurrences of these nightmares and hallucinations, he starts to fall apart. Despite being aware of Tae Joon's situation, Yeon Woo feigns ignorance and pursues a sexual relationship with him. 

Although Tae Joon is disturbed by this turn of events, he can't help but look forward to being further corrupted by Yeon Woo...

COMMENT

Those first few chapters did such a great job at setting the tone for the story. It was great and I highly recommend you read it and then decide if you want to continue or not!

BELOW WILL CONTAIN SOME SPOILERS

There were so many great moments... those creepy-ass smiles were the best.

I was dying with the suspense and mystery! I wanted to know what the hell was going on in that black room. I wanted to know the past. I wanted to know if the ML really cared for the MC. I really thought MC was crazy at first because I didn't know this was a 'supernatural' until halfway through. 

I was disappointed with the ending explanation but I can work with it.

I was extremely creeped out (or maybe even disgusted?) by the ending sex scene and I haven't really ever been disgusted by a sex scene before. It was just disturbing and I like disturbing but this just hit a different level.

I've never been afraid of the dark (actually prefer the dark) or mirrors (have one right next to my bed) but now, I sometimes smile at my reflection and that's a little weird...