Lovely Writer (85%) - Thai

This drama needs more attention because this is exactly what dramas should be like... a non-toxic couple, non-toxic friends, and how fans are in the BL industry. I hope this makes people think twice before sending that comment about a certain actor you THINK you know.

GENRE

Comedy, Romance, Drama.

DESCRIPTION

Gene is a professional writer, whose publisher suggests he try writing a different and new genre-Boy Love. 

 Accepting the challenge, he writes a Y novel that is both acclaimed and commercially successful. So successful, in fact, that it gets adapted into a BL drama. 

When looking for actors for said series, Gene is invited to auditions and gets asked his opinion on certain actors for the main role of his newly adapted series. He's not really concerned about any of the actors until he meets Nubsib who right from the start shows his affection to Gene. 

Will Gene accept Nubsib's love? What will it lead to? 

- 12 episodes (1hr each) -

COMMENT

Lovely Writer... you were so lovely.

I really don't have anything to complain about because this drama was pretty perfect. In every single drama out there... there's one thing lacking between the main leads that drive me crazy!

C O M M U N I C A T I O N.

A big round of applause for Gene and Nubsib for actually being the adults you both are and talking about your problems. Their relationship is also one of the most purest and realistic I have ever seen in a drama; showing communication... understanding... respect! This is what love should be about!

Gene is a character I relate to the most! I love to write. I'm quite awkward. I like my own space and time. I don't like too much attention and bend to others as I hate tension/conflict... but this doesn't make me a pushover and I'm quite opinionated and strong-willed (which only close people see). I connected to Gene on a different level than normal because of this. I have also experienced falling for someone for the first time when you're used to keeping yourself closed off from the world. Gene... I saw myself in you and it made me see my own weaknesses. I felt like I learned more about myself while watching this drama.

I've always had complicated feelings for the fans of BL dramas because some 'fans' think they own their idols just because they are fans

I've always had complicated feelings for the fans of BL dramas because some 'fans' think they own their idols just because they are fans. They believe they have the right to make decisions for their idols and control their lives. Since when are we allowed to own anyone? I despise 'fans' that cannot draw a line between characters and actors. This drama really shows the challenges that BL actors go through... and it's not just BL actors but any idol.

Seriously, no!

Don't be that toxic fan or person. I hope this drama at least spreads awareness but, sadly, I don't think this will stop these 'fans' but I do hope some people are more aware of what their idols go through.

Also, Ep 10, was absolutely perfect. You really can't ask for more than that!

There are so many good things to talk about but I really don't have the time to do so. Just, thank you Lovely Writer for giving me what I never knew I needed. This was a story that needed to be told for all actors in the BL industry. This drama was refreshing... non-toxic... realistic and easily one of my favourites.

Thank you.