Addicted: Heroine (82%) - Chinese

The series that got Chinese BL banned!

GENRE

Friendship, Romance, School, Youth, Drama, Mature.

DESCRIPTION

Ever since he was young, Bai Luo Yin has been living with his careless father, Bai Han Qi, and his grandmother. When he turned 16 years old, his biological mother Jiang Yuan is re-marrying, and her partner is the party's high-ranking official, Gu Wei Ting. 

Because of his mother's death, Gu Wei Ting's son, Gu Hai, has been harboring a deep grudge towards his father. Due to the random hand of fate, the 2 brothers with wildly conflicting emotional backgrounds have been placed in the same class. With time, they slowly developed a different kind of feeling. 

- 15 episodes (20min each) -

COMMENT

I've watched this show about 4 times. I've also read the novels. This should tell you how much I love this show. If it doesn't, then, let me tell you that this show started the BL ban in China. The actors are forbidden to meet for 8 years because they caused so much attention together! Now, if that doesn't tell you something then I don't know what to say.

The chemistry between the characters, their friendship, the way they fall in love, the problems between them, being in school, realistic issues on deciding as a young person what you want to do in the future, parental relationships, society... this show touches on so much. 

I loved it. I love it. I have nothing more to say except that I love it.

Some people might not like it because of how much Gu Hai seems to force Bai Luo Yin a lot. I do think there were incidents where Gu Hai went way too far (especially in the novels: almost made me stop reading but we're talking about the series here). The thing is, Bai Luo Yin isn't one to show interest in anything but if he doesn't want to do something, doesn't like someone... he'll let you know. If he didn't want to be close to Gu Hai, he would have made it very clear. He didn't. Why? Because I believe even though he had times where he got mad, he really cared for Gu Hai too.  He also liked him but didn't really know how to handle these feelings where Gu Hai is one to just go along with what ever he feels, not caring about anything else.

They are both completely different but what the one lacks, is balanced well by the other. They really do compliment each other and their relationship is just like the title: an addiction. Their love is an obsession to us and to them. You can call it 'toxic' or you can call it 'deep love', whichever you prefer, but it doesn't stop that these 2 guys really do change each other for the better and make each other happier.