Manhua: A Lucky Coin (8.5/10) - Completed

A friendship that grows into something more over time <3

GENRE

Chinese, Drama, School Life, Shounen-ai, Slice of Life, Mystery?

DESCRIPTION

High school dropout Hank Yan has a lot of hobbies. Studying, live-streaming his day today, and beating up bullies as a hero vigilante?! One day, Hank saves a young man named Junior. Shy and suffering from a dark past of abuse, Junior is a lot like Hank. Both barely have parents, if they are alive at all, and both are interested in one another. 

Is it luck that they met or...fate?

- 143 chapters -

COMMENT

I can't tell you how much I love this story... they make me want to tear my heart out of my chest and offer it to them.

Our MC, doggo, is often bullied because of how short he is and he stammers... where our ML, little Hank, and his dad never stay in one area for too long due to unknown reasons. One suffering abuse and the other struggling with mental health... find each other and form an unlikely but strangely perfect friendship.

Seriously... they are so cute that I binged this story with New Year celebrations in between!

Also, every time I read about the coin being tossed... I kept singing: "Toss a coin to your witcher!" No jokes. I had that song stuck in my head for days while reading this.

Anyways, this is a definite must-read! It is a shounen-ai so don't expect smut but it's very clear on what parts are being missed... so you don't feel too left out like most shounen-ai's.

I love that their relationship starts off as pure friendship... and this changes over time. I find it much more believable and I'm just a fan of the friendship-to-lovers trope.

Even though their romantic relationship is amazing, I'm a fan of their friendship first and foremost. They were two boys, lost and lonely... and they found each other when they needed the other most. This is what makes them a favourite.

Will be visiting them again because their story is worth a reread!