Mó Dào Zǔ Shī (98/100)

If you haven't yet heard of this novel... then you probably don't read novels. HAHAHA!

***The official English paperback can be bought on Amazon. My book has just arrived and I'm in love!***

GENRE:

Action, Adventure, Drama, Mystery, Romance, Supernatural, Yaoi 

DESCRIPTION:

As the grandmaster who founded demonic cultivation, Wei WuXian roamed the world in his wanton ways, hated by millions for the chaos he created. In the end, he was back stabbed by his dearest shidi and killed by powerful clans that combined to overpower him.

He incarnates into the body of a lunatic who was abandoned by his clan and is later, unwillingly, taken away by a famous cultivator among the sects—Lan WangJi, his archenemy.

This marks the start of a thrilling yet hilarious journey of attacking monsters, solving mysteries, and raising children. From the mutual flirtation along the way, Wei WuXian slowly realizes that Lan WangJi, a seemingly haughty and indifferent poker-face, holds more feelings for Wei WuXian than he is letting on...

-113 chapters + 13 extra-

MY REVIEW 

Let me tell you... I cried so much reading this. This story is art, full-stop. Another one part of my Big 3. It's such a beautiful story that touches on so many topics... and truly makes you start questioning what's right vs. what's wrong. That's what I love... you can clearly see the fine line between right and wrong in this novel and how the world doesn't fall in either category and how things aren't just black and white.

The situations our main character (love him so much) goes through is so painful that my heart hurts just thinking about it. His relationship with his family is beautiful but heartbreaking. His relationship with the Main Lead (where can I find a Lang Wangji) is hilarious, beautiful and just heart wrenching. Yes... everything hurts... hahaha. But it's true. This story has the best characters.

There were so many times when I shouted... why?!... or No!... but the characters are true to who they are... and they human. Every character is so human with all their weaknesses that you just love them. You understand every single character. It's a crazy roller coaster.

Lastly, the flow from past to present is really well done. I've read so many stories where I didn't care about the past and wished they'd just tell us what we needed to know and get on with the present. But this story, I remember just falling into the past... loving it just as much as the present. Plus, as the novel moves along and you start to piece things together, the past becomes more heartbreaking to read knowing what's to come and the present becomes more clear.

Let me stop here... as you can see I'm just gonna keep going if I don't. 

READ IT!