My Engineer (80%) - Thai

One of my favourite Thai BL shows!!!!

GENRE

Comedy, Romance, School.

DESCRIPTION

When Bohn, the popular engineering student, starts a revenge plan on Duen, the innocent first-year medical student, their feelings slowly start to grow through roses that Duen has to buy for Bohn every day for a month.

The series brings out the different side of each couple and their journey with friends and relationships.

Join us and see how their feelings slowly evolve between each other through the 4 couples.

- 14 episodes (50min each) -

COMMENT

You know when you watch a BL drama but you actually there for just one of the couples. Like, all the couples are okay but there's usually that one couple that stands out, that you love, that gets most of the screen time and that you mainly there to watch.

This is NOT that kind of show.

Every couple got equal screen time and were amazing. It's surprising because there's 4 couples and some shows can't even do such a good job with their main couple, let alone 4. This is the first time I loved every couple. All the couples had a different story to tell and I loved that. Obviously, I have a favourite, but I can truly say that every couple could have had their own show because they were that good! Their chemistry was off the charts and the friendship was beautiful. I also loved that all their problems were realistic and not random issues for plot. I also loved that the show touched on problems other BL shows don't.

My favourite couple was RamKing. Surprise, surprise. I went and read their story (even though they'll be getting their own show in 2021). I even bought a plant and named it after them:

What's crazy is that I was one of those people that decided to not watch My Engineer

What's crazy is that I was one of those people that decided to not watch My Engineer. I remember thinking it's probably going to be just another engineer show and I hadn't heard much about the show either. That was until I saw a post by someone on Instagram saying how much they would miss the show now that it's over. I remember thinking: 'Well, let me just watch it. I have nothing to watch anyways.'

I got hooked so fast, I didn't even see it coming. What this show taught me was to never make assumptions about a show before I, myself, have given it a shot. I'm so happy I decided to watch it because it wasn't just another engineering show. It was the engineering show.

I'm going to talk about RamKing a bit. I LOVE them so much, it's not even funny. (I should be getting done for work right now, but I need to quickly say this.) Ram and King were such interesting characters... so original and I can't tell you how adorable and real their relationship is. The way their relationship develops is also spot on. The issues they have isn't couple issues but personal issues which they help each other work through. They are there for each other and never expect anything or push each other into anything. I love how pure their relationship is. I love how Ram loves dogs and how King loves plants. I love how quiet and soft Ram is but he looks like a complete badass. I love how King is straight forward and smart but so innocent. I FRICKEN LOVE THEM. 

I also love MekBoss. I'm so sad that the actor who played Mek won't be in season 2. At first, Mek was irritating just because of his voice being dubbed but I completely forgot about it as the show went along. I felt so sorry for him as we could clearly see how much he was in love with his best friend, Boss, but he was too afraid to lose him. I don't care what the directors decide to say about Mek in season 2 (if he left to study overseas, whatever) but we all know that the real Mek would NEVER leave Boss after what they've been through. Mek loved Boss too much for that. I loved how their relationship developed and I loved loved how they got together. The moment was so unexpected but PERFECT! It was exactly them!

I'm talking too much. I'm gonna go and get done for work. Shit, the time! 

I highly recommend this show because it's so well written and the characters are played so well. One of my favourites!