Runaway Guide (68/100)

I've seen quite a few good reviews as well as bad reviews, so this story just depends on your taste.

GENRE:

Romance, School Life, Sci-fi, Yaoi, ABO.

DESCRIPTION:

After being reborn in a sci-fi ABO world, Xi Wei became the newly born son of the Imperial King. He thought, as the emperor's son he could live a carefree and imposing life, but unexpectedly the First Prince is actually an omega? What the hell is an Omega?

There was an alpha who was born on the same day as the First Prince Xi Wei, the two children grew up together. When Xi Wei looked at the blonde child next door, he always felt that the boy was not pleasing to the eye, so as a child Xi Wei bullied him.

Until many years later ...

Looking at the man standing in front of him who was one head taller than him, Xi Wei was dumbfounded.

–He tried to get out of the way, but eventually still fell into his childhood sweetheart's clutches.

-85 chapters + 6 extras-

MY REVIEW:

If you don't like a slow romance... this is not for you. 

From the description, you already know MC died and was transmigrated into an ABO sci-fi (mecha) world. The story starts with the death, then rebirth and literally goes on to show how the MC grows up.

Now, I actually love stories like this. I don't care if the story is hundreds of chapters and the romance is slow... but if the plot, world and characters are great to read about, I'm all for these kinds of slow books.

Good thing is; the characters were great. I loved the MC and ML (they actually kept me reading until the end). The side couples were also cute. The world was extremely interesting, loved the whole concept and loved even more how non-cliche the ABO world was where Omega's were not just going with the laws but actually doing something about their rights. The plot was slow but we were being introduced to all of the above and watching MC and ML interact so I was happy.

The first half of this book was exactly what I liked and I had high expectations for the second half of the book until, well, until I actually reached halfway. 

So much still needed to happen but nothing was happening. 

WARNING:

I will be adding spoilers so please... don't continue if you don't want to be spoiled! I'm not going to give away too much... just a little.

Okay, we got to around the 60th chapter and MC and ML was still 14yrs old and there was sooooo much that still needed to be resolved. 

MC has no idea ML likes him and his still as straight as you can get. Not only do they need to grow up and ML needs to confess, but other things developing in the book (in their world) also needs to happen and I started being annoyed and frustrated.

Less and less chapters were left as the story went on, but side couples were being given chapters (note the 's'). I had no problem with the other couples and characters having their own chapters... if the book was longer. I understand they played an important role to show how society and different people, especially omega's, were affected by all these laws but the plot and main characters were now being affected.

The author put so much effort in getting readers to understand the world, and then left about 5 chapters to solve it all. This makes me want to scream!

The only reason why I'm so angry and frustrated is because I really liked this book. I'm so sad to have seen it rushed at the end... where certain situations should not have happened but did as the author needed to get the story to finish. This made twists predictable and also made me question the characters because their actions were so out of character.

It was a good story, could have been 78/100 if the last half wasn't so disappointing. I do still recommend it if you want a quick book, don't mind a slow romance, into ABO and love great characters.