Manhwa/Webtoon: Painter of the Night (8/10) - Ongoing

I will say this once... not everyone will like this, let alone love this. This is not for you if you don't like your seme a little messed up (okay, a lot messed up). Trust me. If you don't mind it... oh boy, you're in for one hell of a ride!

Content Warning: Explicit Sex, Mature Themes, Physical Abuse, Sexual Abuse, Violence

Genre

Yaoi, Historical, Nobility, Smut, Social Gap.

Description

Since birth, Na-kyum was an exceptionally talented painter. However, though he had published a few collections under a pseudonym, he had decided to quit painting. 

Then Seungho, a young nobleman, barges into his life. 

An infamous tyrant notorious for his insatiable lust for creativity, Seungho forces Na-kyum to become his private painter. However, the nights that await Na-kyum are beyond anything he could have imagined...

Comment

I binged this story in one night and could not stop thinking about it at work the next day.

This was... an experience.

****** this might contain some spoilers - I'm sorry *****

Firstly, this manhwa has one of the most beautiful art styles I have ever seen! I'm just so in awe all the fricken time - even when the MC is getting all down and dirty with our ML, you just can't help but take the time to appreciate the beauty of the art before enjoying smut (crazy but it's so true! I've never appreciated an art style this much).

Secondly... our ML is so messed up but in such a good way. There's no pretense that what he does and who he is, is good. He is who he is and that's that. Do I question his actions... of course, but the writer has done such a fantastic job with his unconventional, perverted, dangerous but really likable character. Really, I'm never bored when he's around (literally keep asking myself what's this crazy f*cker up to when reading because those eyes and crazy smiles are too suspicious) and I can't wait to know his backstory because shit must have been bad for him to turn out the way he has. 

(He kinda gives me Hisoka vibes from the HxH)

Thirdly... even though this manhwa is not really plot-driven and mostly about s.E.x, this is still such an interesting story. Maybe because it's a historical manhwa or maybe because the characters are so much fun? With one loving his sexuality and nature while the other being a virgin boy who paints porn... you can imagine what happens when the two meet.

*the sound of explosives*

I have to mention again though that my favourite part is the art. I've never stared for 5 minutes at a panel of a guy biting his lip, trying to hold in angry tears while his chin quivers before. This is also a guy I do not like. Never, until this manhwa! Absolutely gorgeous! 

Anyways. It's great. One of my favourites at the moment.