Your Name Engraved Herein (80%) - Taiwanese

First love/ school - stole a piece of my heart!

Genre

Romance, School, Youth, Mature.

Description

In 1987 when the martial law period ended, two Christian high-school students, Jia Han and Birdy, met at the school band led by a Canadian priest. 

One day, they were granted a day off to Taipei for the late president's funeral. The two took a chance to explore the city and theaters, finding themselves inspired by brotherly love and freedom.

(1hr and 54min)

Comment

Firstly, you need to get off Wattpad and go watch this movie.

Secondly, this comment section will have spoilers.

Wow... this movie hit me hard. I loved it. I loved everything.

Jia-han is one of those characters you want to hide and protect, forever. What a beautiful soul. He was my absolute favourite.

Birdy is an interesting character... I didn't expect him to be the one pulling back in their relationship because of how forward he is in what he believes. We see this throughout the movie, how he stands up for his beliefs. I think this is because his actions wouldn't just affect him but also Jia-han and he was afraid of ruining the person he loves life.

Sigh... my heart hurt so much but the love these two had for each other was enough to bear the pain.

Those chats with the priest, the crying shower scene, the ending song... and most importantly... the phone call, were scenes I had to hug my pillow to get through.

I'm so sad it's over... but I'm super happy I watched and experienced this.

⚠️Ending Spoilers Ahead⚠️

⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️

I'm not mad at the ending... I think it was super realistic and of course, I still cried my heart out when they met again after so many years. That moment when they said "goodnight"/"Wanan" ... I felt them saying "I love you, love you" with every cell in my body! That was absolutely beautiful, that after so many years apart, they were still each other's loves that could never be replaced. I just felt that love between them... everlasting, special and so damn beautiful.

No words except this movie was exactly what I needed to watch today. ❤