A Tale of a Thousand Stars (78%) - Thai

"Where we feel happy, we feel like home."

Genre

Romance, Drama.

Description

After a volunteer teacher dies in a tragic accident, her heart is transplanted into Tian. He learns about his donor's life through a series of diary entries that reveal her secrets and interests. Included is her promise to count a thousand stars with Chief Forest Officer Phupha. Tian then decides to follow in her footsteps and fulfill her promise. 

 Now a new volunteer teacher himself, Tian attempts to befriend Phupha, who initially gives him the cold shoulder. As the two slowly grow closer, Tian noticed his new heart beats quicker whenever he's near the officer. Much like the heart's previous owner, Tian cannot help but fall for Phupha. Treading on dangerous ground, can he still go through with the thousand-star promise?

Comment

This was such a sweet story with a satisfying ending, proving that a BL drama doesn't have to always have sex/sexual scenes (not that I'm complaining if they do).

I have to say that Tian's actor, Mix, was the golden star of the show. He had me at the 1st episode. I completely fell in love with Tian and just wanted him to be happy even before the story started.

I think I loved this drama more because of Tian's growth and his relationship with the village than the romance, NOT that the romance was terrible but because his experiences were so powerful. I think the romance plays a huge part in the whole experience and why he changed but I love that it's not the focal point in his decisions.

Every episode, we watch as Tian learns more about the world and himself... and we learn from his journey. I truly fell in love with the life lessons and with Phupha's diary. The children were adorable and after watching this drama, I seriously thought of going to the middle of nowhere to teach English. Getting away from everything is such a good way to learn more about yourself. I'm still thinking about doing this...

This story was beautiful and just warmed my heart like hot chocolate on a cold Sunday morning.

May we all remember that we don't need to know what we want in life but to find where we fit. From there, the rest of the questions can be answered with an easy heart.

 From there, the rest of the questions can be answered with an easy heart