Are You Addicted?/Addicted (78/100)

This was one of the first BL  drama's I had ever watched... I remember watching it in 2016 and couldn't find another good BL drama until Sotus came out. Then afterwards, I just couldn't get into any BL drama's so I stopped watching and stuck to BL light novels and manga (I got back into BL dramas recently though). I, of course, had to read the novels when I found out the series wasn't continuing... and because it was one of my firsts... it will always have a special place in my heart to my review might be slightly biased. 

GENRE:

Adult, Comedy, Drama, Mature, Romance, School Life, Smut, Yaoi.

DESCRIPTION:

Some people are like a drug, once you get a taste of it, you are forever addicted.

A love story between two young men, from foes to a bickering couple, withstanding 8 years of separation, suffering and surviving hardships together. They are Gu Hai & Bai Luo Yin, in Chinese, when Hai & Luoyin are put together (Hailuoyin = 海洛因) means heroin, a substance that can be very addictive.

There's a type of person who is like a Heroin. Once you got involved, you can never let it go....

-314 chapters + 4 epilogue + 24 sidestory- (This is for both novels)

MY REVIEW:

This description is exactly what you'll get. This couple... this romance, is truly an addiction. Some people will love the story and some people will hate it. I have completely been obsessed with this story... and I'm going to be completely honest by saying I have no idea why.

This novel has so many issues. There's not much of a plot but follows their everyday lives... the characters do stupid, stupid things... they act childish... they are selfish... some of the things that happened aren't realistic but, BUT, the romance and chemistry between the MC and ML is something else. It really is. It makes you continue reading through all the issues because YOU JUST CANNOT STOP.

This love is so consuming... obsessive... and just, I cannot even explain it. You can call it toxic, you can call it whatever you like... but it feels so right. Don't get me wrong, I'm AGAINST toxic relationships but this one... this is just something else.

You gotta read it to understand me... and you know the Chinese BL censorship law... well, the drama that's based on this novel became so HUGE in China... it's what started this Law which says a lot by how popular and powerful this couple is.