His & His 2020 (80%) - Japanese

This is a drama, His: I Didn't Intend to Fall in Love, with a movie sequel, His: 2020.

I would recommend not reading about the movie as it will spoil the journey for you. Watch the drama finished and then head for the movie.

Genre

Romance, Youth./Romance, Life, Drama, Family.

Description

Nagisa is 17 years old and is in his second year of high school. He is apart from his parents and lives alone in the seaside town of Fujisawa in Kanagawa. He is passionate about surfing and works at a bathhouse in a hostel on the island Enoshima linked to Fujisawa.

Shun is the same age as Nagisa and visits Fujisawa for spring break. They meet and develop a relationship more than friendship. However, the surfing equipment store owner's daughter Chika has been secretly in love with Nagisa.

"Meeting someone and being influenced by them is one of life's greatest treasures."

The sequel is years after they've graduated from university and separated. 

(Drama: 5 episodes - 23min each /Movie: 2hrs)

Comment

What a beautiful story! ❤

Firstly... I didn't know what to expect when I started the drama. I went in completely blind!

I think I've only seen two Japanese films. I needed something new to watch and saw this drama had only 5 episodes. I thought, why not try something new.

Boy, did I not realise how much I would love this... their story.

After binging all 5 episodes in one evening, I immediately moved to the movie. I thought the movie would be boring as most sequels disappoint fans. Also, the drama was amazing so my expectations were higher than usual.

I did not expect the movie to go that way... and I loved every second of it.

The movie touches on a completely different issue and I absolutely loved it and adored the little family they had. It was extremely interesting to see how their views have changed as adults, plus how their problems evolved from dealing with bullying in school to rejection in the workplace... to self-acceptance, responsibility, and discrimination.

Fantastic find on my part. After watching this... my first thought was; Where were you hiding all this time? I'd never heard of this drama or movie but I'm super glad I watched it!

The ending was satisfyingly perfect and made me really happy! 

I just want to hug this story, super hard!