Heaven Official's Blessing (96/100)

Also known as Tiān Guān Cì Fú and written by the same author as Mó Dào Zǔ Shī. If you've read any of Mo Xiang Tong Xiu's novels... you should know that an emotional rollercoaster, beautiful but heartbreaking story with such amazing characters await in all of her novels.

***The official English paperback can be bought on Amazon. My book has just arrived and I'm in love!***

GENRE:

Action, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Historical, Romance, Shounen Ai, Xianxia, Xuanhuan.

DESCRIPTION:

Eight hundred years ago, Xie Lian was the Crown Prince of the Xian Le kingdom. He was loved by his citizens and was considered the darling of the world. He ascended to the Heavens at a young age; however, due to unfortunate circumstances, was quickly banished back to the mortal realm. Years later, he ascends again–only to be banished again a few minutes after his ascension.

Now, eight hundred years later, Xie Lian ascends to the Heavens for the third time as the laughing stock among all three realms. On his first task as a god thrice ascended, he meets a mysterious demon who rules the ghosts and terrifies the Heavens, yet, unbeknownst to Xie Lian, this demon king has been paying attention to him for a very, very long time.

-244 chapters + 8 extras-

MY REVIEW:

This story... this story was one of the craziest, emotional roller coasters I have ever been through while reading a book. I remember phoning my mom after reading a scene because I had cried so much and just needed, needed to talk about how beautiful the scene was before I moved on. There are 8 scenes that made me take breaks from this novel. 8 scenes that made this novel have such a high rating and I'll add it on another page in case people don't want any spoilers. I also advice NOT to read it if you haven't read this novel. It will ruin all those moments (makes me scared to even post these moments, to be honest).

The story line jumped from the past to the present... and at first, I got annoyed with the jumps to the past because I was so absorbed by what was happening in the present... but then the past would just suck me in and when we went back to the present, I would feel sad to be leaving the past behind.

The characters were all so well written... I truly felt the love and dedication the ML had for the MC which was almost like an obsession but... who cares because he truly loved and respected him, and that's all that really matters. The MC's story was heartbreaking. Absolutely heartbreaking and I loved every second of it. Everything he went through was so well written that I felt everything. I can understand every choice he made because of this. I LOVED the Wind God and his friend. You don't know how much I loved these characters. How much I cried for these characters. So heartbreaking!

I LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED this novel so much. It was so long but it was worth every second I spent on it. I wish I could rate it higher but there were certain issues I had with it which prevents me from doing just that... and it truly breaks my heart to do so. I just felt some things were a little too repetitive to the extent that I could guess what happened next because of it. Also, there were some things that didn't make sense in certain situations (e.g. he could do this in one scene but couldn't in the next) but I guess that was to make the plot go in the direction the author wanted it to go. Don't get me wrong, this book was excellent. It's just one of my favourites (yes, exactly... it's amazing like that) so I have to be hard on it. But even though I had some issues, I can still say it's one of the best stories I have ever read and I highly recommend it!