Manga: Super Lovers (7/10) - Ongoing

NOTE: Stepbrother romance (not really raised together). One of them is underage! The age gap is 8/9 years.

GENRE

Drama, Comedy, Romance, Shounen Ai. 

DESCRIPTION

While spending summer with his mother, Haru meets Ren, a boy newly adopted by his mother. Getting along with Ren isn't easy as Haru's goal is to "civilize" him by the time summer ends. Their relationship slowly improves as Haru spends more time with Ren and in return Ren steadily warms up to him. Can they really become a "family" at the end of summer!? 

- Anime: yes -

COMMENT

The very first BL manga I read! 

I really love this manga. I might be biased, as it was the very first BL manga I had ever read, but I absolutely adore Ren. I started the anime (it had just come out) and thought Ren was adorable so I moved to the manga. (Cough) Lo and behold... this was no brotherly love, LMAO.

I understand how people might not like how young Ren is, especially compared to Haru. Well... yeah, call me sick or a psycho but I didn't really care. Ren wasn't raised like a normal child, so I do believe he's more mature for his age than most. I think he's also round 16 before they do anything anyway. To me, what is age? What difference does it make if you 17 (underage) or if you 18 (legal age)? Does 365 days really matter? I do believe you should be ready mentally and not let a number tell you if you're ready or not.

I do, though, understand the concerns that it raises... but this story is fiction. It's not something I would advertise or be okay with in reality. I also do advice you to remember that this is not reality and to read responsibly.

I love Ren and Haru's relationship. I love all the brothers, their little store and their lives. This is one of those manga's that you can read and then reread because it's just so fun, fluffy and nice.