Be Loved In House: I Do (68%) - Taiwanese

Plot 55%, characters 75% and enjoyment 70% = 68%

GENRE

 Friendship, Comedy, Romance, Drama

DESCRIPTION

Founded about 10 years ago, Seisei Studio is in danger of going bankrupt. Jin Yu Zhen, a person who excels in management, appears and becomes the new director. 

On the first day of his directorship, the atmosphere of the studio changes completely when he enforces a single rule which prohibits romantic relationships and marriages between employees. The violation of the rule results in a dismissal. 

To abolish the rule, the employees of Seisei Studio collude with a secret plan.Shi Lei, an employee, approaches Yu Zhen to snoop for information about the love life of this domineering director. As a result of various encounters, he finds out that the tyrant director is still hurt from a past relationship and is suffering from loneliness. Knowing that he still possesses a heart, Shi Lei becomes curious about Yu Zhen.

- (12 episodes : 27 minutes each) -

COMMENT

This drama is much more enjoyable to binge than to watch on a weekly basis. The epsiodes are too short and to be honest, there isn't much of a plot.

The characters are great and they were the only reason why I continued the show. If there was an actual plotline... this could have been so much better.

"I do, I do, I do..." - not going to lie though, that opening song is still stuck in my head and it's been 2 months since I finished this show.

Lmao...

Anyways, it was cute... and I'm just happy I got to enjoy a BL drama from Taiwan. It's one of those simple shows that's easy to watch and enjoy after a long day at work or school. No stress, no worries... just some adorable interactions between the couples. I have to give props to the actors because the chemistry was great.

Even though the story sometimes didn't make sense, there were cute moments. Shi Lei was adorably childish and I really liked him (and the actor). If I had to complain about anything... it would be that there were more 🔥 scenes between 'fake couples' than the actual couples!!! Those nightmares were crazy hot... but... fake... and not couples I wanted to see getting down and dirty! 

I think the other thing that put me off was how dramatic everything was. I get it... it's the way they make these shows but we only have 27 minutes per episode so why do we need to spend 5 minutes showing repeats of the same thing happening from different angles and then also 3 minutes of staring at each other while the camera moves around!? Again... I get it but it just annoys me so much as it makes me feel that it's being forced and it just puts me off.

Enough of me ranting... I'm done.