Manga: Deadlock (7/10) - Completed

I marked this as 'completed' as the last chapter states 'the end' so until more info is given, the story is completed to me (wipes tears). ***Trigger Warning: rape, violence, racism***

GENRE

Action, Drama, Mystery.

DESCRIPTION

Yuuto Lenix, a former DEA investigator was arrested on a false accusation of killing his own partner. The FBI agents gave him a special deal; look for a particular criminal in hiding in the same prison. 

By the time he was detained in the Schelger Prison, he got to meet his cellmate, Dick Burnford, who didn't show signs of being kind and welcoming upon his arrival. 

Will he ever be on good terms with his inmates, especially to Dick?

- (38 chapters) -

COMMENT

Firstly... really upset I read this before an exam because I ALMOST failed (thankfully, I've passed all my modules this year).

Do know I really enjoyed this but this comment will contain spoilers... so just jump right ahead into the manga or, if you've already read this, continue reading...

SPOILERS BELOW:

Anyways... WTF do you mean by "the end"?

How can you end this manga like that???!!!!

I feel like we've just read a prologue and the real story is about to begin... only for it to be an open ending?!

I want to see that bastard hunted and killed/caught. I want Dick and Yuuto to meet in a dangerous situation and then be bad-ass together (with some meet-up sex afterward). I want to know so much; what happened to Matthew and Neto, oh and Mickey?

But more importantly... I want to see Dick happy. I want him to find a reason to live other than revenge.

I want the damn story to continue, that's what!

The story was so good! Yuuto did make some stupid choices but it was so much fun trying to figure out who the criminal was... never expected 'him' to be it (I will not mention who because I really don't want to spoil this, even to those that want to read these spoilers).

That chapter where they found Matthew bloodied and beaten in the laundry room broke me but I had a feeling it was coming... he was too innocent.

The rape scene though, I had just eaten and I could literally feel the food in my stomach protesting. It was sickening. Usually, I can get through rape scenes because I know I'm reading a story but this felt too real (maybe because this was in too much of a realistic setting?).

Anyways... I'm happy Dick left to get his revenge and I'm glad Yuuto didn't go with him. I just want to see more of their story... my imagination sucks, okay

Also... Yuuto doesn't even know Dick's real name and I think that hit me more than anything else. How will he ever find him again? So, say Yuuto gets out and joins the FBI. We know he's about to train and then he'll probably go after the bastard as well... but then what?

THEN WHAT????

AUTHOR???

PLEASE????

HELLO????

Sigh... I'm just... so happy that I enjoyed such a great story but so grrrrr 🥺 because it feels as if someone has taken my treat away just before I finished it!