Manhua/Donghua: Heaven Official's Blessing - Ongoing

I've decided to combine these two as I've already reviewed the light novel and don't want to have the same 'story' appear 3 times... 

GENRE

Historical, Shounen Ai.

DESCRIPTION

Eight hundred years ago, the pure-blooded and noble Crown Prince, Xie Lian, was a well-regarded child of heaven with unlimited boundaries. However, who knew that after ascending, achieving immortality and becoming a Martial God that thousands of people worshipped, that his life would only go downhill. He was demoted and fell down the ranks until he reached rock bottom. 

Eight hundred years later, Xie Lian has ascended once again, but this time he has neither the followers nor any incense burned in his name. One day, on his way back from collecting trash, he picks up a mysterious youth and takes him home. This particular youth however, actually turns out to be Hua Cheng, the infamous Ghost King known throughout the three realms who could change both his gender and appearance at the flip of a dime.

COMMENT

I'm not ranking this as I'm comparing these two forms to other anime's and manga's that were originally written as a manga and anime and I feel I'm too biased when it comes to HOB. 

HOB was written as a light novel and therefore that will always be the best version. I'm not saying the Manhua and Donghua aren't good, because I think they are absolutely beautiful (the art is a 10/10), but the story, all the developments and the flow of everything are much better in the original version.

Speaking of the animation and art... the artists have really gone all out with this. It's absolutely breathtaking... every page of the Manhua is stunning. I also love watching the scenes I've only been able to imagine before, with the Donghua. The only thing missing is; in the novel we get to read Xie Lian's thoughts, so we always know or have more detail on the 'why's' for his actions. Wherein the anime, we are only shown what someone from the outside world would see (I also feel less involved and close to the characters)... with a touch of detail so we are not too clueless.

But then again, it's extremely difficult to change a book into a manga and/or anime (we all know that) and they're doing a pretty good job at it, anyways. 

P.s. you do not understand how much I love Xie Lian and how much I love Hua Cheng... plus, their relationship: HuaLian. I adore them to pieces and have added another pic (yes, I'm biased):

 I adore them to pieces and have added another pic (yes, I'm biased):