Fake Slackers (72/100)

This story is quite slow... innocent as in not much is explained when there's some action, you know exactly what I'm talking about ;) and can be seen as quite boring as majority of the story is located in a classroom. I explain  more in my review below :D

GENRE:

Comedy, Romance, School, Life, Shounen Ai, Slice of Life, Yaoi.

DESCRIPTION

After class placement were decided, the school's two infamous 'problem youth' not only shared the same class, but the same desk.

They're clearly good at studies, but pretend to be slackers. Fakers from head to toe who just keep walking farther down the path of their performance.

Hear on the grapevine about the two big brothers who always fight over the last place in class.

Basically, this is a serious comedy. About the little matters of growing up.

-112 chapters + 3 extra-

MY REVIEW

As I was saying above... the pace was slower than I am used to with half the story taking place in a classroom. The MC and ML, though, were so like-able, I had to continue reading for them. I loved their personalities and their relationship was realistic and so natural. The interactions between them and the other characters were also well written and quite hilarious. I'm super happy that every person stayed true to their character and acted in the right way in every situation. It made me so happy and probably one of the reasons why I ended up finishing the book.

There were times when I was frustrated because the author kept pushing certain situations to the point where reasoning and excuses became unrealistic. I also do still have questions about certain events that were left hanging in the end... but I can live without the answers.

Back to the story... it was entertaining most of the time but I did find some moments to be repetitive and I just wanted something unexpected to happen. I wanted some action or just something more to spice things up a bit. Maybe that's because I don't usually read slice of life books... or perhaps because I'm no longer in school and cannot relate to the situations? We'll never know.

But I did find myself smiling and thinking back to my school days; the times when I was young, spent most of my time with my friends at school, laughing in class and my biggest worries were copying homework in the mornings and studying for tests the night before. 

So much nostalgia... 

I would have enjoyed reading this much more if I was still in school or just left school. It would have been much more relatable. It's not that the story was childish but as an adult, I prefer reading about more mature problems and situations. I enjoyed the book though... would recommend it to those wanting a light read.