Manga: Adam no Rokkotsu (7.5/10) - Completed

*contains a character with 'dissociative identity disorder'  (DID)- please do remember that this is a fictional story but DID is an extremely real disorder. The author has made a note that she is aware this character is not an accurate portrayal of DID but has asked readers to please switch off their minds to the medical inaccuracies and enjoy the story as it is. 

Please do your own research outside of fictional stories because they are not accurate.

GENRE

Drama, Psychological, Slice of Life, Romance, Smut

DESCRIPTION

Yuuma works and lives at the amusement park called "Dream Park". 

His days are normally filled up with kids tackling him and chatting with coworkers. 

Well, this is until his new coworker/roommate appears.

- (13 chapters) -

COMMENT

I sobbed reading this, especially the last few chapters.

This was absolutely beautiful and I love how real the mental disorder is portrayed (even if not accurate, it's the most accurate I've read so far). It's not romanticising/fetishising mental illnesses or representing them in any negative way. Of course, not all the information is accurate either. This is a story about a character that meets another with DID and their relationship. The end.

The ML has DID and our MC slowly meets the different alters and gets to know them all. I truly loved each one of them. 

I wanted to hug and protect each alter (I'm crying again) so much. To see what they went through, how people treated them, and how uneducated most people are towards DID... it's heartbreaking but also an eye-opening experience.

Again, I do recommend people to read this with an open mind as this is just a fictional story but DID is as real as you and me... and I think the author has done a great job with this even though people experience DID differently and this cannot represent all DID systems.