Manga: Aka To Kura (8/10) - Completed

Note: Yakuza themed manga about delinquents, school life and a dangerous romance. Trigger: there's rape but it's not with the main 2 characters but a side character. </3 

GENRE

Drama, Yaoi.

DESCRIPTION

"I don't want your father's... I want to exchange sakazuki with you, Yamato."

The story of Yukio and Yamato, who were born into yakuza families.

- 8 chapters = 6 extras -

This is part 1 in the series but it's a completed story. 

Part 2: Rouge (KATSURA Komachi) - Nagato's story

Part 3: La Vie en Rose (KATSURA Komachi) - Sequel to 'Rouge'

I won't be adding a page for the sequels but they're also good... especially since Nagato's story is a very sad, interesting and complex one.

COMMENT

I love this manga... it's just one of those manga's that has everything I personally enjoy. Some violence, clever characters, love between 2 dangerous guys... yakuza... school... dark but not too dark. You get what I'm saying.

Yukio is the son of the second-in-command of the Bidou Yakuza group. One day, when he's young, he meets the Bidou Yakuza's group Boss's son, Yamato, and they have an immediate connection.

Maybe it's because they're both from the same world and can understand each other but they immediately share sakazuki with each other.

Years later, they are both in school together and have a very interesting relationship. Yukio would do anything for Yamato... but as they get older, the attraction between the two grows as well. Except, in their world, this kind of love is dangerous.

I love their relationship, I love them and I really enjoyed the plot/storyline (Yamato's father being ill and there being an inner war of who's going to be the next Boss). It was interesting and I wished it was longer but I think I've reread this about 3 times already.