Webtoon: King's Maker (8.5/10) - Ongoing

If you are looking for a story with a great plot, look NO further... it's here: King's Maker   <3 

This includes The Triple Crown which is the next part/installment or S2 (however you look at it). Also, there is a mature version.  WARNING: ***pederasty and depictions of violence.***

GENRE

Romance, Historical, Fantasy, Smut (if you read the mature version )

DESCRIPTION

Wolfgang Goldenleonard, the 4th Prince of the kingdom, returns to the palace after years of living in hiding. He rejects everything about his new royal life but is intrigued by the mysterious and dutiful Shin Soohyuk, a catamite of the King. 

As Wolfgang slowly opens up and learns the ways of the palace, Soohyuk begins to see something special about the wild, unkempt, and stubborn young prince. He might just be the one Soohyuk has been waiting for... the one who could light the flame of rebellion.

COMMENT

This story pulled me in from the first chapter. I have to repeat the warning message but please take note that there are some triggering scenes that involve pederasty and rape. I'm not one to get uncomfortable easily but there were moments where I had to pause and take a few breaths because things were HARD to read through.

We need more BL's like the 'King's Maker' where the smut is not the actual story and the main plot (outside of the romance) is actually fantastic.

Don't get me wrong, the romance is an important part of the plot, but there's so much more to this story and to these characters. Watching both characters grow into men and see how much their goals change, was amazing... especially, in the case of Wolfgang.

I cried hard at some parts (I shall not mention anything but you know what I'm talking about)... I screamed in both shock and excitement... and I also burst out in giggles, all multiple times. I was on an emotional roller-coaster and I loved every minute. 

I fricken loved it.

Please, do yourself a favour and read this webtoon.