SKAM (75%) - Norwegian

Coming out/realistic couple/mental health.

GENRE

Drama, romance, school, slice of life.

DESCRIPTION

The story of young teenagers and pupils on Hartvig Nissens upper secondary school in Oslo, and their troubles, scandals and everyday life. 

Each season is told from a different person's point of view.

- 4 seasons -

COMMENT

This series is so so good and realistic and deals with issues that we, young adults, deal with. 

It's so refreshing to watch a show about young adults going through issues that I can relate to. Not some show about rich kids with their rich problems or some other unrealistic drama. Those shows are entertaining but the lessons I learnt from this show, is on another level.

Each season is based on a character from this friendship group... with each of their stories touching a different issue. 

Isak and Even's story is in season 3 but I feel it is really important to watch the first 2 seasons to see how Isak gets to where he is in the beginning of season 3 as well as why he is the way he is.

I LOVED ISAK AND EVEN.

It deals with sexuality and mental health... but also falling in love and accepting who you are. It also touches on religion and homosexuality.

I cannot tell you how much I love this show... and especially this season. Even... was a little weird in the beginning but I couldn't help falling in love with him. By the end of the show, these 2 are my babies and I will fight anyone who wants to hurt them.

Also, this show was so successful, it's been remade in many countries. Some are really similar while others have changed some of the stories/seasons.

I RECOMMEND YOU WATCH THE NORWEGIAN (THE ORIGINAL) FIRST.

I started watching the France remake with Lucas and Elliot and even though it's similar, certain things have changed. It's like watching the reincarnation of Isak and Even. People even say that all the remakes are different dimensions and versions of Isak and Even which is super cute when you watch the show as this is what Isak believes and tells Even and this theme is used through out the season and their relationship. 

Also, some of the scenes between Lucas and Elliot are so intense. 

HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SHOW!