HIStory 2: Crossing the Line (70%)- Taiwanese

Volleyball romance.

GENRE

Friendship, Romance, School, Youth, Sports.

DESCRIPTION

Two stepbrothers try to repress their socially unacceptable feelings for each other, while a former volleyball player is drawn to a temperamental young player.

Wang Zhen Wu is Wang Zhen Wen's older stepbrother. Zhen Wen likes him, but Zhen Wu can't show his feelings for his younger brother as, after all, they are still seen as brothers.

Qiu Zi Xuan in the past was an excellent volleyball player but due to an injury, he had to give up on on his dreams. He still participates in all the volleyball-related training at school, helping the team train and improve.

During training, he meets Xia Yu Hao, a guy with a really bad temper who's easily infuriated with people that make him angry, but strives to acquire what he persistently wants to achieve.

Zi Xuan thinks he's the one who can reach his dream instead of him. He hopes that Yu Hao can achieve what he couldn't in the past.

-8 episodes-

COMMENT

This was short but so so sweet.

You know what I love about all the HIStory series, they are so original, so realistic and so well told. In 8 episodes, we are shown two boys fall in love in a much more realistic way that I've seen series with over 16 episodes show. 

As Yu Hao starts to fall in love, I could feel their chemistry. My  heart pounded with his. Their love didn't just appear in an episode; we slowly fall into it and before we know it, we're there with Yu Hao. I loved that both characters had quite a bit of depth for an 8 episode show. I also loved the volleyball aspect because we don't see much BL when it comes to sport (only engineers, LOL).

Definitely recommend.