Chapter 14

When the Martin siblings arrived home, Maddie went up to her room, changed into some roots sweats and one of her brother's hoodies before throwing her hair up into a messy bun. "Hey, you coming downstairs to play some Nhl 20 with Memphis and I?" Max asked stopping in the doorway of his sister's room. "Maybe after, I have an assignment to work on for school." She replied opening her laptop. "Okay, I'll come back up and check on you in a little while." Max replied leaving his sister to work on her project while Zeus came in to lay on her floor.

After a few hours had passed, Maddie was now laying in her bed underneath the covers watching tv when there was a knock on her door. "Hey, whatcha doing?" Memphis asked stepping into her room followed by Max. "Watching Chicago Fire." She replied. "Mind if we join you?" Memphis asked. "Sure, why not?" She said as the two boys sat on each side of her.

Later when Maddie woke up, she looked over to her alarm clock to see 3am glowing in red. When she turned to go back to sleep, she saw that Memphis was still awake. "Why are you still up? We both passed out." She said. "I can't sleep." He replied. "We'll close your eyes and count sheep or something." Maddie said before going back to sleep.

The next morning, Maddie was the first of the three to wake up. When she saw that both boys fell asleep on her bed and hadn't left her room last night, she crawled over them so she could go pick up some breakfast. When she got down to the kitchen, she unlocked the patio door and let the dog out to pee while she wrote out a note.  Gone to pick up breakfast, be back soon. Love Maddie. It read. Maddie let Zeus back inside before locking the back door and heading to the entrance hall to put her shoes on and head out to her car.

"Good morning, what can I get you?" The voice from the drive thru speaker echoed. "Hi, could I please get three Farmer's breakfast wraps and hash browns and three medium ice caps please." Maddie replied. "Okay and can I get you anything else today?" The voice asked. "No that will be all for today, thank you." She replied "Okay, that will be 25.30$ at the window please." Maddie drove up to the drive thru window and paid while they put the food in the bag. "Three ice caps, hash browns and farmers wraps." The employee said handing over the bag and drinks. "Thank you!" Maddie smiled before driving away from the window and heading home.