Chapter 79

The next morning just before practice was to end, Scott gathered his team at centre i d for a brief moment. "Alright boys, it was brought to my attention a couple days ago that our team is missing something to help get us to the championship finals we've been dreaming of since day one. So I've asked Aiden if he could give us a motivational speech to help us get to achieving our dream to the best of our team's abilities this year. Aiden, take it away!" Coach Scott said as Aiden got up from one knee and skated to centre ice where Scott stood.

"Alright boys so as many of us know, playing hockey isn't just a hobby or a passion. For us it's a way of living and in our league, we're always showing our fans how hard we work to chase after our dreams. We feed off of the crowd's energy at every game we play. We even look through the sea of people to find our number one fans in the crowd at every game and we always try our best out there for them. May it be our parents, our siblings, girlfriends, wives or kids... We give it our all for them." He said as his gaze stopped on Maddie who had taken a knee beside Felix and Max.

"And I give it my 100% in everything that I do and so do you guys. I not only do it for myself or the team but I do it for my number one fan and I'm looking right at her." He added before taking a pause and smiling at Maddie. "And I'm never going to give up on myself, my dreams, this team and I'm never ever going to give up on us Maddie." He said before taking another pause as Maddie smile at him with joyful tears brimming her eyes.

"And so Maddie..." he continued as he approached her. "Will you help me chase after my dreams by making me the happiest guy in the world and marry me?" He asked getting down on one knee and popping open a ring box that Scott had given him. Maddie began to cry tears of joy as she nodded her head. "Aiden... Of course I will!" She exclaimed as the tears of joy escaped her eyes and the team clapped their sticks against the ice and homered. Aiden pulled Maddie in for a kiss. "You've got my heart. Now, forever and always." He whispered into her ear. "You've had my heart since day one A." She replied.

After that moment, everyone got off the ice and went to hit the showers and change. Maddie waited outside the locker room for Aiden to finish up as coach Scott approached her with his bag slung over his shoulder. "Congratulations again Maddie!" He smiled. "Thank you Scott. How long has he had that plan running for?" She asked. "Since the middle of the summer and he even flew his family out for the occasion." Scott replied. "Of course he did! He's a momma's boy!" Maddie laughed in reply.

Once Aiden and Max were done, the trio went out to the Peking lot to be greeted by their families along with Memphis and Megan. "Oh my gosh congratulations hijo!" Evie exclaimed running up to Maddie and her son followed by everyone else in their families. After being congratulated by everyone, Maddie began a conversation with Stella. "When's the little guy coming? Cause auntie Maddie is so ready for some baby Marty cuddles!" Maddie exclaimed. "Hopefully by the end of next week." She replied.

"Hey we're going out for dinner tonight to celebrate your engagement." Max said coming over to his wife and sister. "Spaghetti Factory I hope?" Maddie replied. "Of course! Your favourite and I'm buying your meal and Aiden's because I can!" Max smiled.  "You don't have to Max!" Maddie replied. "I know but I want to because you're my little sister and Aiden's my best friend. Plus it's the least I could do for the two of you!" Max said as they arrived to their vehicles which were parked side by side. "Thank you." Maddie replied giving her brother a hug. "See you guys at 5:30." Stella said before getting into the car.

Later that night at dinner, Aiden and Maddie's families were gathered around the table in a private party room. "I'm so excited for you to be joining our family Maddie. Aiden picked the most perfect girl!" Evie smiled giving Maddie a hug. "I'm so excited too! Aiden's such a sweetheart Evie, you have such a wonderful son." Maddie replied. "Talking about me are you?" Aiden asked turning his head from a conversation with Bianca and Alexandra.

"Your ears must have been burning hijo." Evie laughed. "We were just talking about how excited we are that I'm joining the Stanley clan!" Maddie smiled. "I most definitely did chose the perfect girl go spend forever with." Aiden smiled looking down at Maddie.

"Could I please have everyone's attention!" Max announced as everyone around the table quieted down and turned their heads. "I'd like to take a minute to make a toast to my sister and my best friend, soon to be brother." He said.

"Aiden and Maddie, I am beyond proud of the two of you. You've overcome so many obstacles and have succeeded at many things. Aiden, when you first started dating my sister I'll have to admit, my protective big brother walls were building up. But I knew that the two of you were meant to be and that your love would build up to become so strong. Aiden, please take care of my baby sister like I know you will. And Maddie... Please take care of Aiden for me and make sure he doesn't get out of line!" He said as everyone laughed at the last part. "Now here's to Aiden and Maddie! Love you guys!" Max finished his toast as they all raised their glasses to toast with him.