Chapter 44

"Girl, you didn't have to do all of this!" Kylie exclaimed when she saw all the trays of food Maddie had laid out on the coffee table. "I know but it's a Friday night and game 5 of playoffs so I figured if we're not going to the game might as well enjoy snacks like queens." Maddie replied turning the game on. "Oh I also have a cheese dip in the oven!" She added before going into the kitchen to get it.

"Alright coming in hot!" Maddie said carrying the dip into the living room. "Are you recording me?" She asked when Kylie smiled. "Only for my snap story! Now do something cute so I can do an Instagram boomerang!" Kylie replied as Maddie held up the front of her jersey and made a cute face. "Beautiful!" Kylie exclaimed.

At Centre street arena, coach Scott was giving the boys an important pep talk before they hit the ice for puck drop. "Alright boys! Tonight we work hard and play hard... We want this win so we can keep moving forward! Now let's get out there and kick som Walleye ass!" He yelled as the dressing room erupted in cheer.

"Aiden, Max and Jacob you're on the starting lineup. Monte and Tyler starting on defence and Felix, hold the fort down in net. Whatever we do gentlemen... Don't let them in!" He added before they all got up and made their way from the dressing room and out onto the ice.

"Let's go boys!" Max shouted patting Aiden on the back. "Shoot, pass and kick some ass!" Aiden replied. "Where'd that motto come from?" Monte asked as Jacob laughed. Max rolled his eyes and replied "He got it from Mads and I. It's our thing before she hits the ice on her game day." "Well he ain't wrong cause that's what we're about to go and do out there!" Felix replied before they reached the tunnel at ice level. "IT'S SHOWTIME BOYS!" Will yelled as the guys cheered and stepped out onto the ice for the national anthem and puck drop for the first period.

"Did your family come to the game tonight?" Max asked as they quickly stretched. "No, they went to the CN Tower instead." Aiden replied. The announcer named the starting lineup for tonight's game and did the introductions for the national anthems.

Meanwhile back at home, Kylie and Maddie were enjoying their food and waiting for the puck to be dropped. "So, grad's in a couple of weeks. We going shopping for dresses soon?" Kylie asked. "We can go in the morning if you want but I have to be home before 12 cause I'm going to the game tomorrow night." Maddie replied. "Okay, sounds good to me!" Kylie replied.

"I can't believe we're graduating from college already. That's crazy!" Maddie said. "I know right!" Kylie replied before both girls put their focus on the tv where Aiden was about to take the face off. "Come on A, you've got this." Maddie whispered under her breath as she watched the puck hit the i d before being passed back to Monte.

During the flood between the first and second period, Maddie and Kylie took some of the dishes into the kitchen to rinse them off and put them into the dishwasher. "Oh my gosh! I'm so full I can't eat anymore!" Kylie exclaimed. "Girl me too!" Maddie replied as she washed off the last dish before putting it into the dishwasher.

Back at the rink, the boys were preparing to go out for the second period. "Did Maddie text you between periods?" Aiden asked as they headed out of the dressing room and through the tunnel leading to the ice. "Nope but Kylie's over to keep her company and watch the game with her so I know they're fine." Max replied before stepping out onto the ice.