Control

Bargaining
Mary Jane walks down the stairs. However Dad wasn't on the couch. She could hear Back In Black playing the the garage. Mary smiled and ran towards the noise.

"Hey dad!" She yelled over the music. He was underneath a old car. The music was blasting almost shaking the whole house.

"Oh Hello Mary Jane!" Dad yelled back looking from under the car.

"Can I help you rebuild it?!" She yelled over the music.

"You'll have to speak louder!"

"Can I help you with the car!!"

"What?!"

*laughter can be heard coming from an unknown place*

"Oh..." she aggressively shut off the radio. "There."

"Hey! I was listening to that." An oil stained Dad gets out from underneath the car.

*laughter can be heard coming from an unknown place*

"I was trying to ask if I could help you fix up the car." She said folding her arms.

"If you turn my music back on." He said handing her a wrench.

*laughter can be heard coming from an unknown place*

A montage of Dad and Mary Jane working on the car plays. They are laughing, smiling and seeming to very much enjoy one another's company. Even ordering a pizza at lunch.

"Pass me that piece there." Dad asked pointing to a screw. "Let's see if this will fit." He grabbed it with his left hand, his right hand still in a brace. He stopped trying to fit the piece in, just looking at his right arm.

"What's wrong dad?" Mary Jane asked.

"I- I don't remember how I hurt my arm. I mean it doesn't hurt most of the time but there are just really painful moments. Where the pain kinda shoots to my head. I'm just so confused why I don't remember hurting it. It looks fine like I definitely didn't break it but... but I don't even know how to explain the pain sometimes. Like it's out of this world." Tony looked up at Mary Jane, almost as if he knew exactly what was going one. "Do you know what happened Mary Jane." Although it didn't sound like a question.

No no why can't she help his pain.
He shouldn't be feeling it
He honestly shouldn't be feeling anything.
How could he even begin to know
He couldn't know at all
He couldn't know

Tony started to chuckle, laugh out loud even. Had a bright smile on his face but in his eyes were pain.

"Stop it Mary Jane." He said cheerfully giggling. "Stop it honey stop it. Spot it Mary stop it." Still giggling and laughing but his eyes were telling a different story. "Mary Jane stop it honey!" He was laughing harder now.

She took a deep breathe in.

"No" she simply said shaking her head

"Pass me that piece there." Dad asked pointing to a screw. "Let's see if this will fit." He grabbed the piece to see if it would fit.