Resolve itself

The Tragedy

Her hands were purple. Why were they purple. She shouldn't have gotten mad at Pepper, maybe she's right. Mary quickly shifted in bed trying to make it look like she's asleep. Peter climbed into bed next to her. He left Pepper and his little argument, mad.

"Mj are you awake?" Peter whispered almost inaudible. "Okay." He paused for a moment. "I love you Mary Jane. And I'm sorry this all happened. I'm sorry he died. If only he had someone there to take the stones immediately off him or something. I was too far away I'm sorry, I could have done something if I were closer. Your not sick though, and even if you are I'll take care of you. I- I can't loose you too. Pepper told me he made a memorial for us in Maple Twine Park, maybe we could go visit it tomorrow. Then go to the liquid zoo." He was trying hard to keep himself together.

"Peter it's called an aquarium." Mary Jane spoke softly.

"I- I didn't know you were awake I'm sorry." He said moving the hair out of her face to look at her.

"I want it to stop, Pete. The pain. I- I- I want things to go back to normal. Why must we live in a world were every problem we have leads to sadness. Why can't every problem resolve itself and by the end of the day everyone can go back to being happy." She put her head in his chests sobbing.

"Mj that sounds like a fictional world. Like a sitcom or something. But I promise We'll get through this together okay? I mean we go back to school in 3 months, we're gonna be seniors, that's exciting right?"

"I guess." She breathed out. "I just want us to go to sleep."

"Okay we can do that." Peter said getting comfortable.

Mary Jane waited until she was absolutely sure Peter was asleep. If he wasn't deep in sleep his Spidie senses would wake him up if Mary Jane even moved. But he was in a deep deep sleep. She got off the bed and quietly scribbled a note

Peter, I love you. If I'm not back when you wake up, don't worry I'll come home soon.

She left it on his bed side. She wasn't planning on spending the night there, just to take a look and say goodbye. She got into one of Tony's many cars he had in the second garage and started driving. Maple Twine Park, park address pulled up in the cars built in google maps. She didn't expect to be there for long. Just to go there and try to make peace.

She pulled into the dark parking lot, it was still early in the morning, maybe 4?

She walked up to a big stone statue. She recognized who it was instantly, Peter with his goofy smile and Mary Jane laughing. She took a breath in to compose herself and just looked at the statue. He never got over her did he, I mean he built this whole statue for them.
Mary Jane took notice to another statue, it seemed brand new, with do not cross tape around it. She walked over to it. It was a giant stone arc reactor core with a plaque that read

'Proof that Tony Stark has a heart' this monument is dedicated to the late Tony Stark who died bringing everyone back from the blip. May he be remembered as the savior of this universe. His wife Virginia "Pepper" Stark, arranged for his final resting place to be under this monument. A park, having such a rich history with Stark, him bringing both of his daughters Mary Jane Watson-Stark (blipped back) and Morgan Jane-Parker Stark. Creating fond memories he carried to his grave. May he rest now.

Pepper hadn't said where they buried his body. But Mary just found it for herself. Does she dare cross the tape? Ducking under the tape she goes behind the monument to a giant hole. In that hole was a coffin. Her breathing becomes unsteady, the unusual pain in the back of her head starts to stir. She gets down in the hole and kneels to lift the coffin. Does she dare open the coffin. She falls on her knees and wrapped her arms tightly around them, breathing heavy.