Betty the Blocker

(I wanted to name this Betty the cock blocker but I can't imagine that's an enticing chapter title.)

Before Aunt May got home from work, Peter swung Mj back to her apartment. This particular time was extremely difficult to say goodbye, even if it was just for a couple hours or so. Peter expressing how he really felt made Mj's heart swing. She wondered if biology could explain the painful feeling  in her chest of desperately wanting to be held by your soul mate. If there was a science behind it. Surely there was. Love is just a chemical mixture in your brain right?

"I-I'll drive over whenever May gives you the okay." Mj said slowly letting go of his shoulders as he set her down gently.

"Did you not wear shoes." He quickly picked her back up after seeing her stand in the snow barefoot.

"No I tried not to bring much just in case May came in." She let go and quickly ran into her room from the balcony. "Come over and say goodbye." She held her arms out. He gently wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her into a hug.

Mj felt guilty. She wasn't good at expressing her feels, well expressing her positive feelings. Tony and her were never a hug and cheek kiss goodnight type of people. They were never a lovey dovey family, and from what she could remember, neither was her mother. So when Peter gets all touchy and sentimental she has a a hard time trying to react the same way. She doesn't know what to say all she seems to know is to hug. She is an acts of service love language while Peter is touch and words of affirmation. Can soulmates be different in that regard? Surely?

"What are you thinking about?" Peter asked quietly.

"I am trying to come up with a reply to your little monologue. I'm not very good with words unlike you." She said not lifting her head. She didn't want to meet his eyes.

"Mj that was me speaking out of my ass. Please don't feel like you need too." He lifted his old suit mask and kissed her cheek. Blowing a raspberry to make her laugh. "I'm going to head back. I gotta beat May home. I'll text you when she says you can come over." He said pulling down his mask and heading for the balcony. He made a heart out of his hands snd jumped off the balcony.

Mj ran over thinking he had fallen, just to see him swing away. She rolled her eyes and went inside. She walked over to her phone and noticed Betty had called her 4 times. She quickly called her back.

"Mary Jane I am so so sorry for the way I acted last weekend." Betty answered on the first ring and began to cry into the phone. "I was being an asshole for no reasons. I think you and Peter are such good friends of mine I should not have treated you like garbage." She sobbed. "It's just when Liz is around I turn into this snobby bitch in hopes to impress her. Oh and Brad! He thinks I broke up with him because you guys made him look stupid or something? Totally not true. I broke up with him because when we went up stairs we had sex but after he tried to snort coke off my thigh. Like what the fuck that was so nasty. I don't want to date a druggie. He claims he got it from his uncle. He's been all whacked out all week and on Friday he told me he was going to teach you a lesson because you are the reason we broke up. I didn't take him seriously just to find out he tried to punch you. This whole week has been such a mess I am so sorry." Betty said really fast through all her sobs.

"Aww Betty what Brad did was not your fault. He's just an obsessed asshole who got his hands on some drugs. And about Saturday it's whatever Peter and I really don't even pay attention to what people have to say anymore. We are used to it." Mj said slowly.

"What can I do to make it up to you guys. I'll do anything." Betty continued to sob.

"Really nothing it's fine Betty. I uh is there anything I can do for you?" Mj cringed but she just couldn't leave her.