Internalize

After the Tragedy 

"We should watch Jurassic Park." Peter said sprawling across the couch. Throwing his legs on top of Mary. Grabbing Mary's hand twirling her fingers. Morgan laughed at his goofiness.

"We just watched that movie." Mary laughed along.

"Yeah five years ago." He said smiling throwing his socks at Mary. Morgan giggling harder than before. Pepper had asked them to watch Morgan again that night, she still had to deal with the Memorials.

"I want to watch it!" Morgan piped up.

"You don't even know what Jurassic Park is!" Mary laughed.

"Yeah huh. It's the Dinosaur movie with Jeff Golden." She said smiling.

"Goldblum." Peter whispered.

"With Jeff Goldblum." She said smiling an innocent smile.

"What did Peter tell you he'd do to get you to say that." Mary said laughing looking at Morgan.

"He said I can eat all the ice cream I wanted tonight." Morgan said excited. Peter was smiling innocently refusing to look at them.

"Oh ha ha very funny Peter." Mary said falling onto Peters chest, him letting out an oof.

It had been a few days since Caps funeral. Mary and Peter still has not told anyone about her 'new ability'.

"No! I really do want to watch the Dinosaur movie!" Morgan complained. Mary turned her face from Peters chest.

"Alright fine. The disk is probably in our room".

"Actually I got it out already." Peter said pulling it from beside the couch.

"Oh my god your ridiculous with this movie." Mary laughed. Morgan hopped on top of Mary's back, squishing Peter.

"Yay dinosaur!" Morgan shouted.

"Are you sure you won't get to scared." Mary said getting off Peter as he tried to sit up. She grabbed hold of Morgan and put her on her lap. "There's a big scary T-Rex... she might come through the screen and... eat you." Mary shouted tickling Morgan.

"No she won't! Peter would spray her with his webs before she'd get me!"

"Wait Peter I thought you said you didn't like the beginning half of this movie because it was too boring." Mary asked leaning closer to Peter's shoulder.

"Well- I- it Uhh was just me trying to make an excuse to make out for a little bit." Peter blushed deeply and smiled sheepishly.

"Aww Pete your so adorable when your all blushie." Mary said kissing his cheek.

"Stop you guys will get cooties! Let's watch the Dinosaurs." Morgan said taking the dvd from Peters hand and putting it in the DVD player herself.

It was later in the evening, the movie was nearly over. Morgan had fallen asleep on the floor next to the couch.

"Pete."

"Hmm."

"Don't blame yourself, for what happened to dad." She said. She was laying on Peter's chest, him just now tearing his eyes away from the screen.

"What do you mean?" Peter asked staring at her.

"I- I know this is probably really invasive and I'm sorry you can be mad at me. But I looked at your dream a couple nights ago." Mary paused so see if he'd react. Get mad at her even. But he still watched her with a straight face. "And in this dream I- or a prettier version of me- was yelling at you. Blaming you for what happened to dad. And I just want you to know that it's not true. It's not your fault; it's no ones fault. And I feel so guilty because I've been so worried about me, thinking it's my fault dealing with all that shit and you were always there for me. I mean I didn't even think that you could have these thoughts yourself. I was being so selfish- I am so selfish. And I'm sorry, please talk to me about this. If you truly do think it's your fault. Because it's not, and you may tell yourself it's not but if your mind is anything like mine you'll continue to believe it's your fault." Mary rambled. Her voice shaking.