Radiation

After the Tragedy

"So your saying you think it's the stones, just holding them that changed you?" Officer Woo and Agent Rambo came in the room after Mary Jane started to remember. However they didn't chain her back up, just the vibranium wristlets on her wrists.

"I don't think the stones themselves, Dr Banner  said they gave off an intense amount of radiation. That's what ultimately killed dad. But I guess... instead of kill me the radiation changed me?" Mary Jane said trying to come up with a conclusion.

"I think I can help you understand." A giant green head poked itself through the door way attempted to get in the room.

"Bruce?" Mary said walking towards him.

"Yeah, hello Mary Jane. Your Peter friend called me and told me where you guys were, I think I can help you." Bruce said breaking the door frame trying to get in. "Sorry." He looked sheepishly at Woo and Rambo.

"Dr Banner thank you for coming, please if you could help us understand." Peter said shaking his hand. Mary Jane just kept staring at Bruce.

"I'm sorry Bruce I just- you know those few weeks. I just didn't process the fact that... that you and the big man worked things out." She said looking amazed.

"It's good to see you Mary," Bruce said shaking her hand.

"It's been forever. Since you and Thor left. I saw Thor that day but- I wasn't in the right mindset to be able to talk to him. Is he-," she took a deep breath.

"Yeah he's okay. He went off with the Guardians of the Galaxy, going for self discovery he said."

"The Guardians! He went with the bald shirtless alien." Mary Jane giggled looking over at Peter who blushed and giggled as well. "Oh that must have been a sight to see them interact."

"Yeah. Well Mary Jane I came here because I know what happened. Your right it was the stones. Well I mean, you being so close to Tony when he snapped. The amount of radiation that set off, was a lot. Then you, staying with his body for several hours, he was giving off massive amounts of radiation himself. And you stayed in that area of such radiation for hours. Then to top it all of, you carried the gauntlet off the battle field. Everyone else was concerned by the radiation, I was going to get it. But when I saw you carrying it, I knew it wouldn't be good. I tried to tell Pepper to get you to come to my lab, to try and run some tests on you to see how the radiation would effect you. But pepper wouldn't let me saying you still needed to grieve. That's when you went missing."

"Is that what you and Pepper were fight about that night, Peter?" Mary Jane looked over at Peter.

"I didn't know it was for radiation, she just kept trying to tell me you were sick. Then you went missing." They both looked up at Bruce again to let him continue.

"I thought you were dead, the radiation had to have killed you right? But it didn't, some how you were immune to it, enabling it to give you powers, to manipulate reality. SWORD told me you had created this bubble some how, they were planning on killing you Mary Jane, shooting you from the outside of the bubble. That's when you were taken by Officer Woo. And Peter Parker contacted me."

"I had to figure out how you didn't die. I mean it's incredible that the radiation didn't kill you. I started looking into what you had been up too the last three years before you dusted. To see if anything you've done could explain why.

Nothing out of the ordinary except the fact that you had started dating Peter, Peter whom got bitten by a radioactive spider. I  got to looking into Tony's old files on Peter. Peter once let him take some of his spit to analyze- what Tony found were small traces of radiation. In his spit. In his blood, in his... well his boy juice," Mary Jane and Peter cut him off.