What the Hell are We Doing

They went to bed early that evening. Excited to plan their wedding tomorrow.

Peter left early in the morning- not wanting to see her until their special day. He went to Harry's house first. Informing his buddy of their plans and getting a fancy suit.

Mj called Michelle and asked her to go dress shopping with her.

"You don't want to invite Pepper to pick out your dress?" Michelle asked over the phone. Mj was on her way to pick her friend up.

"No, I- I think Pete and I just want it to be our friends. Literally it's not even gonna be a wedding it's a party where some dude Peter is hiring tells us we are husband in wife." Mj explained.

"I mean to find a dress. I'm not really good at that stuff. Like what style do you even like?" Michelle asked.

"Oh god. I have no idea. I never thought about it. I never imagined it." Mary stressed.

"Wait like you've never fantasized about your future wedding? Never imagined yourself in a dress?" Michelle asked.

"No? Have you?"

"Yeah I want it to be silk and kind of short." Michelle explained. "You never even fantasized about your wedding with Peter even after you got engaged?"

"I guess not. I mean I've had other stuff on my mind all summer. God I don't know what I'm doing. This really is a spur of the moment thing. We have no idea what we want." Mary chuckled nervously. "Why don't I invite Gwen to come with us. She can help us."

"Okay good idea. You know I've always imagined you in a kind of loose flowing dress. Not like puffy and huge but something tasteful." Michelle said.

"That sounds nice." Mary agreed.

When Mj had picked up Michelle, she called Gwen.

"Hey Mj what's up?" Gwen answered.

"Hey so Peter and I are getting married tomorrow. Can you come help me pick out a wedding dress? Like right now? Michelle's here too. You've met her before." Mary explained very quickly.

"Okay sure I mean I guess I'm free. I'll text you my address. What bridal shop are we going too?" Gwen asked.

"No idea."

Peter was standing in Harry's bed room, waiting for his friend to come out of his closet.

"Really Harry the first 7 suits you showed me should be enough." Peter tried to reason with him.

"No man I'm telling you I've got this velvet suit. It's red and black- just like Mj's favorite colors. I know she'll love it." Harry called out.

Peters ears turned red.

"How did you know those are Mj's favorite colors?" Peter tried to mask his jealousy.

"Oh Michelle told me." Harry said coming back into the room with a red and black tux. The jacket was velvet red like he said- but the dress shirt was black.

"Wow you weren't kidding, this is nice. But I can't wear it it's too nice." Peter felt the jacket.

"Oh nonsense old friend. I will be hurt if you don't wear it. I insist." Harry pushed the suit into Peters hands.

He took careful look at the suit. Examining the fine stitching. His heart had been racing all night. Tomorrow his dream would finally come true. He'd be able to see his Mj walking down a make shift isle, wearing a really pretty dress, and promising to spend forever with him.

"Thank you Harry." Peter said sincerely. "I mean it."

"Of course man. I'm happy for you. I know I was kinda an ass about her in the past. But Mary Jane is really great. And she's really lucky to have you." Harry threw his arm around Peters shoulder.