Allies

"You, you asshole." Michelle shoved her pointer finger into peters chest. "You left her! You left all of us! You've ignored Miles when you were Spider-Man. You left me to pick up your wife's pieces! And don't get me started on what you did to her. You selfish asshole."

Mj was regretting opening her door for Michelle.

"Calm down." Mj tried to say but Michelle cut her off

"Zip it! I'm not done yet! I just don't understand your logic here pal. Your so obsessed with marrying her but the moment you get back from your honeymoon you leave her? For two months. And you know how she gets! She has been an absolute mess and you think you can come back like this? I saw you yesterday in that Panera asshole. I know you only came back because you heard she was sick." Michelle was nearly spitting with fury.

"Michelle you have every right to be mad at me."
Peter said calmly.

"No she doesn't! I'm the only one who should be mad here and Michelle I'm not mad at him." Mj interjected.

"How are you not mad at him? How could you forgive him so easily?" Michelle begged.

"Remember when he first left and what I said? He could come back in five days or five years and I'd forgive him completely." Mj said.

"And I said your mentally unwell." Michelle argued back.

"He left for a good reason!" Mj argued back.

"What? Like how fucking Edward Cullen left Bella in twilight? That's it I'm not arguing with you anymore you need a therapist or something, but you Peter? Fuck you. If I was in her position I would have kicked you out." Michelle pushed Mj behind her.

Mj had a coughing fit again. Michelle rubbed her back until she was done.

"Honey go lay down." Michelle voice was softer now.

"No I'm fine." Mj took a deep breath in to steady herself. Her voice was rough.

"Did you not buy her any medicine!?" Michelle scoffed.

"No I mean she just kinda slept on me for like 13 hours." Peter said.

"On the couch? Great now she's going to have back pain." Michelle huffed.

"Your being dramatic I'm fine." Mj sniffed.

"No I'm not, your shaking." Michelle put a hand on Mj's forehead. "And burning up."

"How can I be burning up I'm so cold." Mj sniffed again.

"Here I brought Night-Quill. Just sleep for a little bit." Michelle gave her the blue pills.

"But I just slept." Mj whined than had another coughing fit. "Okay maybe your right. But don't leave. Either of you." She swallowed the medicine

"Okay I won't go anywhere." Michelle rubbed her back again. "Your lucky I don't have any classes today."

"Pete, I'm so cold." Mj held open her arms for him to scoop her up.

Michelle sat in the chair closest to the couch while Peter sat on the couch with Mj laying on his lap. The warmth of his legs felt like heaven.

She could feel the medication kick in as her breathing started to slow. She had her eyelids closed. She never expected the two of them to start talking, especially so civilly.

"I think she's asleep." Peter whispered.

"Good." Michelle said in the same quiet voice.

Peter began to gently play with her hair. She wasn't asleep but she was definitely going to try. Not wanting to hear Michelle berate him anymore.