The Ring

"Dude I just feel so honored that you are showing me how to get to Pepper Stark's cabin. Like this is crazy I am driving to the place Tony Starks funeral was held!" Ned said excitedly as he floored it down the highway.

"Yeah just don't mention that to Pepper I'm sure that would just make her upset." Peter said seeming to be focused on something else now.

"Why are we going to her house again? And why did you make me tell Mj that we would be at the library?" Ned asked.

"Okay you can't tell anybody but because her dad well isn't here, I was going to ask Pepper if I could marry, well Mary." Peter said. "And I know that's all old fashioned asking the parents permission or whatever but damnit I don't want Mr Stark to be mad at me for not asking permission. He wouldn't be mad I'm sure. It will just ease my conscience."

"Your getting married to Mj?? Dude that's so cool can I be the best man?" Ned said excitedly nearly hitting a construction cone.

"Yes, yes you can. Just pay attention where your going." Peter said. "Should have just swung all the way here." He said to himself
.
"What if she tells you no. Or what if Pepper says wait." Ned asked.

"Well I'll wait then. I told Mary Jane I'd wait till we are fifty to marry her if that's what she wanted. But she told me I could propose when we turned 18."

"YOO! And your birthdays are right next to each other's that's awesome." Ned said shaking the car. "You gotta do it around that time Dude please."

"Yep that's the plan. I think she'd prefer it after graduation." Peter said sheepishly looking out of the window.

He had previously texted Pepper to ask her if he could come without Mjs knowledge. Pepper being confused said sure.

Arriving the Pepper cabin; Ned was ecstatic, trying to contain himself.

"Hey Mrs Pepper Stark ma'am." Peter said awkwardly as Pepper opened the door.

"Pp!" Little Morgan Stark shouted throwing her arms around Peters legs.

"Heyyy Morgan." Peter said looking down at her.

"Haha she called you pp." Ned laughed than introduced himself to Pepper.

"May I ask why you didn't want Mary to know you were coming?" Pepper said letting them inside. Morgan trailing Peter like a lost puppy to the couch.

"Uh well I wanted to ask you something. And I know this is grossly  traditional of me to do but I just wanted to ask in place of  Tony I guess." Peter said awkwardly.

"What is it Peter?" Pepper asked.

"Well I figured you'd be the best person to ask I mean I would have asked Mr Stark but he's well- and her biological mom. I mean Mj wouldn't want her mom to be in her life anyway. Not that you aren't the mother figure she needs." Peter trailed on acting nervous. Glancing at Ned. "And Mj and I talk about this of course. I find it crazy if you don't talk about it with your partner beforehand but I also want it to be a a surprise ya know?"  Peter looked up to see a confused look on Peppers face.

"What are you trying to say?" Pepper ask stopping him from his ramble.

"I want to propose to Mj!" Peter blurred out all flustered. "She knows I am once we have our birthday. But I just needed to ask your permission ya know?" Peter asked flustered. Pepper smiled at Peter.

"I'll be right back." Pepper quickly got off the couch and ran towards her room.

"That is not what I was excepting." Peter said looking towards Ned.