Mommy Issues

"I just feel like I need to talk to him." Peter said.

It was the next day; Mj couldn't sleep that night. The guilt was consuming her.

"I don't want to make things worse." Mj stared blankly at her at her coffee table. She sat on her couch, knees to her chest.

"It's not gonna make things worse I promise. I think him and I need to work things out. I love you so much but you have a temper and aren't good at working things out," Peter chuckled lightly putting his hand on her knee.

"Yeah your right." She cracked a small smile. "I love you too."

Peter kissed her cheek and grabbed the keys.

"I thought it would be a better idea to drive there. Rather than show up as Spider-Man. Cause he is trying to kill Spider-Man." Peter said.

"Ugh I wish he would just drop it." Mj sighed. "Be careful."

"Always am, beautiful." Peter kissed her forehead one last time before leaving.

Mj didn't really move much that day. What from the minor hang over and the immense guilt she felt, who could blame her. After a while she grew concern. Peter was sure having a long conversation with Harry. It had been all day. Or maybe he decided to go on patrol.

She didn't get off the couch until someone knocked on her door.

"Wanda?! G-get away from me. Get away from me please. I- I'll call Stephen!" Mj shouted backing away from the witch. She was stupid, leaving the door open, letting Wanda inside.

"Oh honey I'm not gonna hurt you." Wanda said in a sympathetic voice. "I came to check on you. I heard what happened."

"Well, well I mean peters back. I'm fine. We are fine. And your crazy!" Mj reached for her phone. "Leave me alone!"

"Back? how can he be back?" Wanda tilted her head curiously. "That's not possible."

"What are you talking about?" Mj scoffed.

"Oh hun." Wanda's voice dropped. "Oh Mary Jane honey. Have you not seen the news?"

"What are you talking about?" Mj repeated. Her throat felt dry.

Wanda walked over to Mj's coffee table, picked up the remote, and turned on the tv. Turning it to the news station.

"Some sad news this evening. Our beloved Spider-Man was found dead on the balcony of the late Norman Osborn's penthouse. According to police, Norman's heir, Harry Osborn was the killer. Shooting him 7 times in the chest." The news anchor began to tear up. "The identity of our beloved masked hero was a rather young man named Peter Parker."

"No" was all Mj could say. How could this happen? How could Harry shoot him 7 times. Peter was going to Harry's as himself not Spider-Man. How could Harry shoot his best friend. How did Harry even know Peter was Spider-Man . Peter didn't even go in his suit

"Honey I am so so sorry." Wanda wrapped her arms tightly around Mj.

"I- I'm just in shock." Her voice broke. "I can't even be- I just- Wanda what do I do?" She began to cry.

"I came the moment I found out." Wanda pet Mj's hair.

"I just got him back! I don't understand! He was just going over there to talk to Harry. I never would have thought Harry would- Harry would. Kill him." She felt like throwing up. Her head was spinning. "But why would you come here?"

"Mary Jane I was so sick when I attacked you and I just feel so horrible about it. I'm so sorry. But when I found out about Peter- I know your pain. I lost my vision."