Bliss

"Peter?" Mj asked slowly. Worried she could be hallucinating again. She stepped closer to him. He was holding a tiny take out bowl of something warm. Her hands instinctively leaning towards his face.

"Mj." He said longingly.

He was right there, out of his suit, standing outside her door. He looked different. His tee shirt looked extremely tight against his huge biceps. His shoulders much more broad then before. His hair was nearly down past his shoulders and he smelled terrible. His hands were the worst part. Bloodied infected looking knuckles.

The horrific lonely weeks flooded back to her. She was reminded of the lonely ness. The unbearable nights she spend. He left her alone. She cried every night. And he had the audacity to come to her front door. To act like he can just walk back into her life after all the pain he inflicted on her.

"Mj, I-." Peter tried to say but Mj slapped him sharply across the face. He didn't even move.

"Fuck you Peter Parker! Fuck that hurt." She cried and held her hand.

"Oh my god are you okay." Peter gently grabbed her hand. He didnt even sound mad she hit him. It felt right again, his warm hand in closing hers. She didn't flinch away, her eyes studying his face.

"Yeah, ir didn't hurt that bad." She quivered.

"Oh no and it's your right hand too?" Peter looked around it.

"Really Peter I'm fine." She pulled her hand away. How was she going to stay mad at him.

The awkwardness was palpable. Peter looked down at her left hand and frowned.

"What's wrong?" Mj asked.

"You took off your ring." Peter said awkwardly.

"I was mad at you. I mean I have been mad at you for almost two months." Mj huffed. "Why did you even come back? Why did you think you could just come back when I know your going to leave again."

"I couldn't do it. I'm not strong enough to be away from you." Peter admitted . "I folded completely when I heard that you were sick. It was hard enough when you had your surgery, even though I sat with you while you were still asleep afterwards."Peter admitted "oh and I brought you soup."

"Why did you leave me?" Mj began to shake. "You promised you'd never leave me, how can I ever trust you again?" She backed away.

"Mary Jane I am so sorry. But I was in the right to leave. I am a poison, Peter Parker is a poison to people. Everyone I am close to and have loved seem to die. I can't have that happening to you. So I thought if I left, got out of your life, I could save you from that same fate." Peter explained.

"You were never planning on coming back were you?" Mj shook her head and folded her arms.

"No, but I couldn't do it. I couldn't stay away I am not strong enough. I'm sorry I've potentially put you in danger again. But If you don't want me here just say the words and I'll leave you alone forever." Peter explained.

"I'm willing to risk being put in danger." Mj threw her arms around him "you can never leave me like that again. And you've got to regain my trust." Mj hugged his torso. "And take shower please. But I'll take you back. I want you back. I need you in my life Peter."

Peter sighed and hugged her back

"I'm sorry, for everything. And I definitely will go shower. I haven't showered since I saved you last week. I've been really upset over that." Peter admitted.

"Me too. Well I've been upset for a lot longer." Mj pulled away and looked at the ground. Peter closed his eyes and cringed.

"I'm so so sorry." He pulled her in for another hug.