Venom

"You'll be okay for the day? Cause I'll probably have to straight to work after the lab" Mj asked Peter and Miles. Miles had stayed the night, he seemed to be petrified of the goo monster.

"We aren't children we'll be fine." Miles spoke for Peter.

"We'll be alright. Just be careful okay? With Norman being there." Peter said seriously.

"I'll be fine, Gwen will be there." Mj smirked and shut the apartment door.

"Gee Gwen it was real nice of you to allow me to come to the lab." Mj said fascinated with all the different high tech machines in the lab. She knew Peter would be on cloud 9.

"Oh of course Mary Jane. Dr Osborn had spoke very highly of you and Peter. So I figured he wouldn't mind." Gwen said.

Mj froze, lifting her head up from a microscope.

"Has he?" She tried to sound casual.

"Oh yeah. He regrets that he wasn't kinder with  to your dad when he was alive. Also I meant to ask, do you have a metal heart?" Gwen questioned.

"What?" Mj asked.

"Like your dad. Didn't he have a metal heart? Michelle told me you were a robot and your dad made you. Which at first I didn't believe but now I'm not so sure. She tried to tell me Tony made you a sex robot for Peter which I didn't believe that part. But are you... a robot."

"Gwen, I'm not a robot." Mj said straight.

"Oh god I feel like a dick now. But Michelle made me feel so sure that you were." Gwen seemed to be mentally kicking herself.

"I think the most robotic thing about me is the permanent magnifying contact dad put in my eyes so I could see without glasses." Mj said giggling.

"I knew I shouldn't have believed Michelle." Gwen says helping her turn on the microscope. She slipped the black goo onto a slide. "What is this stuff?"

"Oh don't touch it!" Mj took the bag from Gwen. "S-sorry. I found it on the street, I wasn't sure what it was. So be careful." Mj lied. She was getting good at lying, it was almost natural to her.

"Huh, it almost looks... like it's alive. Look at the way it moves." Gwen said watching it curiously.

Mj was trying to focus on the microscope.

"Gwendolyn darling! How's my favorite assistant doing?" Norman bursted threw the lab door startling Mj.

"Sir if you don't mind being a little quieter, Mj has a hard time with loud noises." Gwen whispered to her boss. But Mj could hear.

"Mj? Oh Mary Jane dear! How lovely it is to see you again! Gwendolyn showing you around the lab huh?" Norman clapped her shoulder. Mj analyzed his face. No red eyes, yet. He seemed okay for now.

"Ye- well I just needed to use a microscope and Harry and Gwen told me I could use this one at your lab if that's alright?" Mj said not being able to keep the intense eye contact that Norman has on her.

"Yes of course that's quite alright. Just out of curiosity's sake, your father doesn't have- had a lab in New York? I thought surely there would be a lab in that Stark tower of his." Norman said.

"Oh yeah but I'm not allowed in there. Was never allowed. I don't know if I am now though cause he's not there to stop me but his security there knows he never wanted me in there." Mj spoke really fast.

"It must be hard for you, if you were to go back to that building?" Norman questioned.

"Probably. I haven't had the will nor the reason to go back."