Stranger Dreams

Mary Jane couldn't help it, Peter was just so warm and she felt like she hadn't slept in days. Sleep was calling to her. She struggled to keep her eyes open, fighting back the urges to sleep. But with Peters peaceful breathing and Andy's soft purring, Mj could feel herself slip away.

"You told me you were eating." Tony scolded as Mj sat in a hospital bed.  An IV in her arm.

"I have been eating, just not whole meals." Mj smirked slightly.

"No this is not funny. Don't joke right now."

"I've been eating ice." Mj bluntly said.

"Ice isn't food."

"Then why can I eat it." Mj sassed back. She still felt so sick. Michelle took her to the nurse after finding her in the bathroom. Turns out she was malnourished and dehydrated.

"That's it I'm taking you home tonight. You can do online school." Tony sighed.

"What no! I can't go back to that bedroom please dad I promise I'll eat more. It's just hard too." Mj confessed sitting up.

"Exactly why you need to be home I can help you." Tony tried to convince her.

"I just- I can't dad okay? I promise I'll take better care of myself. Just please let me stay here." Mj begged.

Tony groaned and shook his head. He stared out the hospital window for a movement.

"One more incident like this and your moving back." Tony warned and Mj shook her head. "Look at you kid you look more like a corpse than Peter." Tony said under his breath.

Mj knew he didn't mean it, he was just frustrated and nervous for her. But god that hurt.

"Do you think it hurt him dad? The stones?" Mj asked quietly.

"I'm sure he wasn't focusing on the pain. Just you." He said quietly. "You were his world kid."

"He was mine." She said to herself. "Wait where's my sweatshirt?" Mj said looking around the hospital room for her cloths.

"don't worry I got his sweater it's in the hospitals wash."

"What? No why would you do that? It could get lost." Mj panicked trying to sit up off the bed.

"It won't I promise just calm down okay? I thought you wanted to live on your own, you can't freak out like this." Tony warned gently pushing her down.

Mj spent the rest of the school year going through the moments. Slowly. School days took forever. She sat with Ned and Michelle at lunch but never spoke or ate.

It was nearing the end of the school year already, it felt like ages. Mj hadn't smiled. Mj hadn't laughed. She was never the same. She just went to school everyday with Peters old hoodie up over her head, covering her face.

Tony begged her to move back. She was not right she needed help, but she spent the entire year denying him. Tony gave her an ultimatum, she needed to hang out with a new friend. He knew when she'd 'hang out' with Michelle or Ned, she'd just lay there. And her friends would let her. She wasn't allowed to do that, Tony wanted her to go out and do something. To have fun.

She needed a new friend, Brad had been friendly with her. Maybe that will make Tony happy, if she got ice cream or something with Brad. He had been asking all year.