Reveal

Mj didn't leave her bed for a while. Everything felt bad. She didn't feel happy, it was a foreign emotion to her.

Typically when she got depressed like this she would be sobbing. It would be loud and dramatic. Everyone around her would know she was in mental pain. But not this time, no this time she was quiet. And that scared Peter.

She wasn't sad, no Peter could tell. She just did not have the will power to do anything anymore. He tried everything to get her out of bed.

"Hey Mj I think we should put the Christmas decorations up today!" Peter would excitedly say.

"Maybe." Mj would mumble as she laid still. Having her headphones in, trying to ignore the world.

"Hey Mj, Miles wants to go see this new movie that came out. It looks hella cheesy, I think we should go it would be fun." Peter rubbed her shoulder.

"Yeah I'm sure you'll like it." Mj would sigh and turn around.

"Hey Mj, I have the funniest news. Brad is in jail. I caught him breaking and entering into some rich guys house last night. Delivered him to the police myself." Peter said proudly.

"That is funny." Mj would say in a monotone voice.

Of course she would get out of bed. She would shower. She would feed the cat, and eat, and do dishes. She took care of everything still. She was a functioning person, just without her spark. Without any life left in her.

"She's acting exactly like she did when you disappeared. Except without all the crying. Like how she existed when she wasn't thinking about you, if this makes sense?" Michelle whispered to Peter

They were watching Mj from the hall. She was just sitting on the couch, staring at nothing. Andy on her lap, not petting him.

"Oh god don't remind me of that. But I'm here, I don't understand what's wrong. I don't know how to help her." Peter whispered back.

"Well think about it Peter. She got in that huge fight with harry, than Wanda tricked her into thinking you were dead. Wanda made her remember and relive the shitty life she had with her biological mother. Made her talk about how cruel Pepper has been to her. And than promised Mj she would bring her dad back. Than she's tricked into kidnapping a child, looses her powers, than Thor comes back. Just for him to leave her again. Than the cherry on top, her and Pepper get into another huge fight." Michelle explained. "I just think with everything that's happened, she's just done. She missed Tony."

"I still don't know how to help her." Peter sighed in defeat.

"Peter are you not listening to me?" Michelle gawked

"No I am." Peter said.

"I don't think you ever listen to anyone ever oh my god" Michelle groaned.

"What are you talking about?" Peter said.

"There is nothing you can do to help her. You can't just make her laugh and everything will be all better. Sometimes people are just sad and that is okay."

"But it's been weeks. It's almost Christmas." Peter whispered, not out of fear Mj could hear him, but because of his sadness.

"I gotta go to work. I don't know what you want me to do Peter I can't control her emotions. And neither can you." Michelle snapped. Peter frowned and her expression softened. "It's gonna be okay Peter. Just give her time to process everything. Force her to go out and do things don't give in. She'll tell you no or give you an excuse. Don't listen to that and make her do things." Michelle kissed his cheek before leaving swiftly. "That's the best advice I can give you."