Old Man Steve

After the Tragedy

It was light outside, Peter woke up blinded by the sun pouring in through their east window. He turned away from the light trying to fall asleep again.

"Peeeeteerrrr." Mary groaned.

"Hmm." He sleepily replied.

"Turn back around I'm cold." She yawned.

"Nooooo." Peter groaned and shoved his head deeper into his pillow. Mary huffed and turned around to hug his warm bare back.

"Fine you'll be little spoon then." Mary sleepily groaned.

"Mhm." Peter slowly started to wake up to realize- "shit we gotta get up." He said throwing himself off the bed grabbing his sweatpants from the floor.

"Whyyyyy." Mary groaned covering her eyes. "It's too early for this." She turned back around trying to warm herself.

"Mj, it's like noon. And we gotta visit Cap today, remember?" Peter said now sitting on the bed next to her, trying to shake her awake.

"Yeah but why do we have to leave so early, we got all day." She groaned grabbing his hand using it as a blindfold from the sun. He giggled at her action.

"Because he's like an old dude. Old people go to bed at like 7 so if we leave at one we won't have much time." Peter said shaking her head with his hand she stole. "I think if we were able to stay longer it would make his decade." Peter joked.

"That had to have been hard, pretending to be some random old man until young Steve returned the stones." Mary said slowly sitting up.

"Yeah and lonely." Peter said quietly.

"Okay your right, we probably should spend as much time as we can with him." Mary said getting up and putting her cloths for the day on. "I'm driving by the way, your driving terrifies me." Mary said. Peter laughed and nodded his head.

"Yeah well I did learn from May and we all know she's not the best driver." He said standing up himself to finish getting dressed.

"Do you think dad would be mad, like at Steve for going back in time to be with Peggy?" Mary asked.

"I don't think so, Steve has always been a man out of time. He had nothing left but the grit to fight. Didn't Tony even say he somehow needed to get a slice of life outside of fighting. Steve was about to take Thanos's whole army on by himself- I say he'd earn that life." Peter said brushing his hair.

"Yeah your right. I'd just feel so bad, I mean he's well over 150 now. I wonder if he's counting down the days till he dies." She says putting make up on.

"That's a bit morbid," he lightly chuckled "but I know what you mean. Especially without Peggy, and Bucky is out there with Sam. He doesn't have time for Steve- it must be lonely." Peter put his hoodie on as Mary Jane finished getting ready.

"Ready to go?" She asked smiling up at him.

"Aye whenever you are miss driver." He said chuckling as they walked out the door.

The long drive to Brooklyn seemed to go by so fast with them having a good time in the car.