First Day at the Job

"Jesus Dude it's like you got super strength or something." Gwen said passing by Peter. She was only carrying one box while Peter had several. He didn't even break a sweat.

"What? Oh yeah uh I get that a lot." Peter said. Gwen offered to help Peter move Dr Ocks lab equipment into his new office.

"Ewww, what does a grown man need all this glitter for." Gwen opened the box and showed Peter. They both laughed.

"Thank you guys for helping. I believe that is all the boxes. Gwendolyn I think Dr Osborn was looking for you." Dr Ock walked back into his lab.

"Oh okay sure thing! Bye Peter see you Uh tomorrow I guess." Gwen said stepping out of the lab

"So tell me about yourself Peter. What made you want this job?" Dr Ock said pulling up for folding chairs for them to sit on.

"Well, I guess I feel bad because my fiancé always pays for everything. And when I do pay I feel guilty cause I can never pay for good things.  I've never had very much money most of my life. I mean I bought her an engagement and I needed loans for it. So I figured this job paid well and Normans son is one of my best friends." Peter confessed.

"You look a little young to have a fiancé Peter. Who's the lucky lady ." The Dr winked making Peter laugh.

"She's, god how do you describe the perfect girl. She's my world Dr Otavious. She's got this bright smile that makes everyone feel warm inside. She dyes her hair this pretty red color. I could listen to her voice all day and never get tired of it. She's just got such a warm presence." Peter said dreamily.

"I'm happy for you Pete, it's not every day a person finds someone like that." Dr Ock clapped Peters shoulder. "Your into science correct?" dr Ock said.

"Well I guess you can say I love being in a science lab because It makes me feel like I'm in my element." Peter smirked at his joke.

The Dr found it very funny. Laughing hard for several minutes.

"Your too funny Peter." The Doctor continued to laugh. Peter felt very proud of himself.

For the rest of the day Peter and the Doc talked and set up his lab. He was very grateful to be working under Dr Ock, he was a very kind and intelligent man.

Peter gained respect for the scientist, even though he had stopped a dog from chasing him that morning. A very friendly dog. Peter honestly didn't understand how the dog even chased him.

"You know Peter." The doc was sitting back admiring his new lab. "This morning started off terrible. I broke one of my favorite plant pots, I got chased by a dog, I got splashed by car rolling in a puddle. I almost didn't come into work today. Didn't take the job. But I had a wonderful conversation this morning. And im having a wonderful one now."

"Who did you talk to this morning?" Peter asked curiously.

"Spider-Man." Dr Ock smiled. Peter smiled. He was very happy to work under Dr Ock. Peter felt his phone buzz

My Mj ❤️- hey when do you think you'll get home tonight?

He was about to reply when Gwen Stacy popped back in the lab.

"Woah you guys did so good. It looks so nice! Peter, I was just gonna go down to the cafeteria to get some dinner, want to join me? I'll show you what's good and what you should definitely avoid." Gwen smiled waving Peter on.

"Uh sure that sounds fun." Peter got up and walked beside her, following her lead to the cafeteria. "How do you know where everything is. I'm already so lost."