Hello and Goodbye

After the Tragedy

"What? What- no he- he was fine." Mary said touching Peter's fore head. Then- she saw herself. Almost like she was looking through Peter's eyes.

I hope this doesn't upset her. But Steve is old anyway. I really do hope that's why or else there is something really wrong. Was she drooling in her sleep? I should have ate something before I left.

Mary heard a voice in her head. Peter's voice- but it didn't come from his mouth.

"Woah!" She jumped back, seeing through her own eyes again. "What the hell." She said looking at her fingers.

"What, what's wrong??" Peter said sitting up straighter.

"I- you- huh. I touched your forehead with my pointer finger... then I could see me. Like from your point of view. And I could hear you talk, but your lips weren't moving. Almost like they were your thoughts." She said continuing to look at her fingers. She presses them on his forehead again. She could see herself from Peters eyes again. And she felt really really hungry.

I hope Mary's okay, the Vibranium is really cold. I wonder if Pepper still has those tacos we got last night.

She though- only it wasn't her thoughts.

"Mj are you okay??" Peter asked grabbing her hand from her head.

"I just read you mind! I just touched your head then- are you hungry Peter?" She asked.

"Wait what do you mean you read my mind?" Peter frowned.

"You were thinking if I was okay, that the Vibranium on my wrist are cold, and that you wanted food." She said recalling what she heard in her head.

"That's- well that's odd Mj." He said concernedly.

"No wait, that's- it's- I wonder if it's the radiation, manifesting new abilities. Maybe we should tell Pepper." Mary suggested.

"No! No we can't. Let's- this can be a secret. I- if Hayward hears your manifesting new powers or Ross? We can't risk it." He said slowly laying down on the bed.

"What if it becomes uncontrollable?" She asked, sounding nervous.

"It won't, it won't. These will help you." Peter said grabbing onto her wristlets.

"Your saying I should lie to the government and SWORD?" She slightly smirked.

"No, I'm not telling you to lie to them, just... don't tell them about this is all." He said sheepishly smiling letting go of the Vibranium.

"Why though? I mean Bruce should know right?"

"Well I don't think reading minds can be harmful. Like physically. I didn't even feel you read my mind. So no one would be able to know anyway. It's kinda a cool power too!" Peter said enthusiastically.

"I mean it is, but if this manifested whats to say something else might not." She said still looking concerned.

"Well, then we'll deal with it when it comes." Peter said happily. "But anyway, about cap." He started.

"Yeah right Cap, I don't know what your Spidie sense was about, but Caps perfectly fine. He was perfectly healthy today. I- I don't want it to be warning his death. I'm not ready to live in a world without Captain America." She said sheepishly. "I mean why do you think it's about him?"

"I only had the sense tingle when I was near Cap, when he first opened the door it happened. When I left to grab your jacket it was gone, but the moment I came back in Caps view I could feel it again. The moment we left Caps apartment it was gone. If it's not warning his death maybe it's something else."