twenty-two

'h-he loves me?' jeongin thought, even stuttering in his head at the words. the younger had not pretended to be asleep but was rather just struggling to nod off, even more so now hyunjin had basically confessed his love for him. it felt weird for the blonde to hear such things, to hear someone actually feeling so strongly about him to say 'i love you.'

it felt amazing to hear that, to hear someone finally feeling something like that towards him but the familiar feeling of being overwhelmed by emotions flooded into him, he wasnt sure how to react. jeongin stayed still until he eventually fell asleep, completely overthinking the situation.

it had been a week or so since hyunjin saying i love you, and he was still completely oblivious to jeongin knowing about it. to the younger, telling hyunjins that he heard him made him feel terrified. he could imagine that conversation and how deep it would've had to get and they didn't feel at that stage yet to be exchanging i love yous. jeongin had convinced himself that hyunjin only said it in the moment - but deep down he hoped he meant it wholeheartedly.

"yej, shouldn't you be practicing. you're the laziest idol i've ever met." hyunjins loud voice made jeongin wake up, rubbing his eyes as he got out of bed to go see what the fuss was in the living room - his body felt a little sore but he had gotten so used to the pain that he felt empty when he didn't feel it. "i told you were on our breaks for a few weeks, if you listened to me you would know." the girl replied, sticking out her tongue.

jeongin stood in the doorway of the room watching the two siblings bicker back and forth until he was finally noticed by hyunjin who's expression had turned warm once he saw his face. "morning princess." the older whispered into his ear once he had embraced the boy into his arms, squeezing him tightly and kissing jeongins forehead.

"morning, and hi yeji!" the blonde said brightly, peeling himself off of the clingy hyunjin and limping slightly to the kitchen to get a glass of water, listening in on the hwangs conversation as he walked. (the two rooms being connected.) "wait why are you even here again, you said you'd only tell me when jeongins was up." hyunjin said, the addition of the youngers name making his head pop up and stop looking around in the fridge for milk.

"hm?" jeongin hummed as he made breakfast for himself, confused on why his name was mentioned as he was barely listening to the words, only hearing the sweet voices of the others. "nothing baby- the worst version of me was just telling us something." the boy said immaturely, resulting at a pillow flying at him, sent from yeji.

"you're both immature... i'm the youngest one here yet i'm still more mature then you pair!" jeongin said, scolding the two and walking back over to the couch but with his bowl of cereal in his hands. "i forget you're younger then me." yeji said with chuckle and jeongin nodded his head, "me too, you act like a middle schooler." he giggled and the girl replied with a playful pout.

hyunjin relaxed into his seat and smiled as he watched the two closest people in his life talk, he loved the fact they both got on so well. watching jeongin be so friendly and joke around with his sister made him fall for him even more as he was able to blend into his family - well the family he actually stayed in contact with.

"oh yeah... you guys aren't busy tomorrow are you?" yeji said, remembering the reason why she had came to see the two in the first place. the boys both shook their heads a little confused as hyunjin never really did anything with his sister enough to plan his time and jeongin was just mirroring hyunjin.

"welllll i may of accidentally told mum and dad that you were coming round for dinner and bringing jeongin so now they've booked it and are expecting you two over and they said they're going to be really sad if you don't come so please you have to go for me i beg-" yeji said in one breath, knowing how much hyunjin hated their parents but wanted their family to be how it used to be - only because she never knew the problems that lay beneath the hwang family name.