sixteen

"Leaf" Sirius demanded holding the brewing potion in my direction, swirling it in circles for everything to mix.

It was two days after the lockdown in the hall.

Draco refused to show up to any class i was in, if he saw me he would strop off in the opposite direction. And if we were sitting as a group he wouldn't dare look at me.

Blaise spent most of his time with Draco. I told him everything that Draco and I heard that night... explaining the fight. And he didn't judge me or Draco.

But he wanted to be there for him, which ment not being there for me.

But that was okay because i got to spend more time with Pansy and Daphne. Even Crabbe.

Crabbe would meet me in the common room in the free period that we had together to play exploding snaps. Although he always did win. He was rather brilliant at it.

"Drink." Sirius said snapping me back to reality, doing as i was told. The potion tasted ghastly. All I could feel were nips all over my body.

"Keep a clear head moony, do you understand." He said "any fear any second thoughts. And your animagus will adapt to it. If you change not being able to control yourself you will hurt someone."

I tried to keep a clear head, honestly i tried. But all I could think about was Sirius.

My empathy for him.

Draco.

My compassion for him.

Harry.

My sympathy for him.

My father.

My love for him.

"Sirius my body, my body hurts." I whelped. Now feeling every muscle, vessel and bone in my body tighten, change, shrink, expand.

I felt everything at once.

"Focus little one. Focus." Sirius shouted.

I did i focused on the pain i felt. Every ache and tingle and i took control of it. Turning fear into strength and accepting the transformation.

Closing my eyes tight until it stopped.

"Oh merlin." I heard Sirius' voice peeped slowly and quietly. As I opened my eyes once more Sirius was gone.

"Down here Lyria." He said waving his hand stretched above his head.

My body must've grown twice my size. A tail laid flat behind. As i looked around me inspecting the form I reflected.

"Horned Serpent." Sirius barked. As i turned to look down at him once more, now in his animagus form of a dog. "That's what your animagus is. Absolutely brilliant."

"How can I understand you. Im not even talking English right now." I hissed back.

"Animagus' understand each other, no matter the form. We're all connected in a way. Don't you think this explains you patronous." He barked once more.

"How so? A Serpent and Runespoor are both very different."

"Not entirely, you see. Both animals are Snakes. Both explain so much more about you. Being placed in Slytherin. Serpent. Your possible parselmouth abilities. Runespoor." He panted.

"Have you tested it yet, your parsel tongue..."

But before I could answer he began chasing his tail then to rest on the floor. "No suppose you wont have will you? You can find Harry no doubt he will lend a hand-,"