seventy-five

Theo and Blaise had been passing around a flask for the last ten minutes while we waited for the arrival of the Champions.

Everyone else was standing towards the middle of the floor, but we decided we would rather just sit down and get up when we felt like doing so.

But eventually after five minutes we were forced up to join the others as Professor Snape dragged Theo and Draco by their ears to join the crowd. He 'kindly' suggested everyone else to take up the same idea.

Which turned out to be perfect timing as we watched the main hall doors swing open at the sound of music, we pushed through into the front rows to watch the Champions walk down the isle.

At the front was Cedric Diggory who accompanied Cho Chang on his arm.

"Is that... Rickett?" I gasped asking Pansy as we noticed that Anthony had joined the Beauxbatons Champion, Ares Evasive.

"Forget Rickett, look who Krum's with!" Haylie chimed in, as we all noticed Hermione was Krum's date. Daphne's mouth parted slightly as Hermione went past before whispering to me about how she looked beautiful.

Everyone in the hall, with the exception of the four boys who clearly couldn't be less interested than they already were, were clapping to the champions arrival.

The music dimmed slightly as the Champions reached the centre floor to take their dance, which the boys took as their signal to head back to the table.

"We're not missing this, Rickett has two left feet. He can't dance for shit!" Daphne laughed grabbing my hand and pulling me around the hall to where we could clearly see Anthony and Ares in front of us.

"This will be brilliant. He was horrible when he had to do those practices with Mcgonigal." I whispered.

"Did you see Weasley's face when Mcgonigal told him to 'take her waist'" she quoted, laughing uncontrollably as the music began once more.

Teachers joined in, shortly after. And Filch was in the corner swaying with Mrs Norris which Daphne and i found absolutely hilarious. We barely noticed Anthony's dancing skills although we did see him stand on Ares foot once or twice.

But Harry's dancing was a different story. That was absolutely terrible.

But then Dumbledore began to ask students to take a place on the floor and dance until the end of the song, which Daphne and i took as our sign to disappear back to the table, but we got no further than a few feet back as we both collided with people behind us.

I felt arms snake around me pulling me in as i heard a low voiced whisper in my ear as he lifted my feet slightly off the ground carrying me onto the floor.

"Not so fast, I believe you owe me a dance." Draco said giddily as he spun me around holding my waist tightly, i could see that Harley had also pulled the same trick on Daphne and cornered her into a dance.

"No Draco, please i cant dance!" I lied. "I'll accidentally trip over, or stand on your feet, or i'll bump into someone going the wrong way." I said trying to wriggle out of his grip laughing as he held me tight.

"One dance, then we can go mope in a corner and be boring and not do anything fun, is that what you want?" He growled.

"No of course not." I caved in, stopping to resist and allowing Draco to lead a dance.

"Good girl." She smirked, his hands tightening dangerously low around the back of my waist as he swayed us around before turning me underneath his arm.

"This isn't so bad now, is it?" He smiled lifting me up, planting a quick kiss on my lips as he dropped me gently back to the ground.

"The kiss was my favourite part, think you're going to have to show me that again." I smiled cheekily watching his eyes roll at my attempt, which worked as he kissed me again, this time passionately still swaying and spinning me as he deepened the kiss with every movement before pulling away at the sound of the music getting quieter.

"Was that easier for you to learn." He asked sarcastically leading me off the floor.

"I had a good teacher." I said quietly as we were the first to return back to the table where one of the boys had left the flash sitting. "Idiots they're going to get caught" i laughed as i sat down in a chair Draco had pulled out for me.

But his hand reached for the flask downing it instantly before burping slightly and slumping back in his chair. "There, all gone." He grinned licking the alcohol off of his lips cheekily.

"They won't be happy" i told him as i spotted the rest returning to the table.

"Not my problem" Draco said calmly as Blaise overheard.

"What's not your problem." He asked dropping in the seat beside me. "Where's my flask."

"Here." Draco smiled, sliding the metal across the table, which Blaise caught effortlessly as he began shaking it for contents.

"It's empty!" Blaise complained.

"Yes, that my friend. Is what my problem is not." Draco slurred happily reaching for my chair leg to pull me across the floor closer to him as he rested his hand on my thigh. "Comfortable?"

I nodded letting my head rest upon his shoulder as we listened in on the conversations at the table, where everyone was laughing and smiling. We all were having an amazing night.

—————————————————————-
I'm ending this chapter slightly earlier because I don't know how to write in the next scene so next chapter it will just jump straight into it, it might mean theres an extra full Yule Ball chapter!

Please vote and comment and i will see you next chapter <3