fifty-four

Dracos POV

"Tip it back Zabini." I urged, pouring the whiskey down his throat, watching him laugh the liquid out his mouth as it dripped down his neck. "Fuck sake your wasting it. Parkinson get over here."

Pansy anxiously walked over to me from the couch as i took her hand redirecting it to hold Blaise's neck.

"Thirsty? Good, Zabini can help you out." I told her tilting my head to grin at my friend who's cheeks had now tinted red. I pushed Pansy's head softly as her lips and tongue connected to his neck leading her up to meet her eyes with his.

Too easy.

Looking around i saw Flint and Crabbe who were loudly talking over the music about some sort of passage behind a statue on the third floor as well as Daphne and Theodore who were trying to knick the last fire whiskey from the table.

"Nott pass the bottle were not done over here" i called catching him out as his hand laced around the bottle.

"Malfoy mate, your Mrs is getting more drinks just shout for a bottle. Daphne and I are splitting the rest of this." He grinned back waving the bottle in the air to spite me.

Usually i wouldn't take no for an answer, especially from someone like him. But he reminded me of Lyria's absence and how long she's been missing with Adrian.

I spied over to see her standing with him pouring drinks at the tables in the corner of the common room, she looked okay.

Knowing that she had a drink in her hand she was most likely to be back in a moment, so I looked back at Blaise who now held Pansy's body in his with his tongue down her throat.

"Made short work of that didn't you Zabini." I laughed watching as the two of them broke away to sit back on the couch.

The music was getting louder and the alcohol was setting in, which wasn't a problem for me but looking at Daphne i think she had maybe had a glass too many.

The couches began to get more crowded, as people who were dancing came to sit by the fire.

The Abbott twins came over sitting in Daphne and Montague's place as Graham walked Daphne back to her dorm appearing seconds later back in the group.

I used to be friends with Harley Abbott back in my first year, we were potion partners. He always was more of an athlete than anything else and it still surprises me that he's not on the quidditch team.

Just when i felt like sparking a joint the dull candlelight that illuminated the room blew out with a breeze and the glass chandelier shattered into dust particles filling the air.

"What the fuck! Theo shouted across the room. "Who done that."

Blaise and Theo were now looking over the room staring at people as they stood in shock pushing back near the four walls leaving the room in the middle empty.

Seeing that the chandelier shattered over the table my eyes scanned anxiously for Lyria, until i saw a blue glimmer evaporate into a silhouette, then into a creature. A serpent.

The patronus swept the ceiling before floating down to tangle around my body, and instantly i felt sick. I knew it was hers.

She was the only one that i knew of, other than Potter that could cast a patronus.

The entire common room, along with the music died down, staring. Enchanted by the charm.

As it rose in front of me, it made some sort of ridiculous hiss, something I wasn't quite sure of.

And it just disappeared.

"Parseltongue, it was speaking parseltongue." A soft voice called from the couch, it was that blonde girl.