seventy-four

Daphne, Pansy and I walked towards Haylie at the top of the stairs, considering she would be spending the night with our group it was only friendly to invite her along with us.

"You all look beautiful" she smiled to us as we returned the compliment.

Pansy's dress was a small satin green, almost emerald that hugged her curves while Haylie's dress floated behind her in a soft pink trail.

As we made our way down the stairs the four boys whistled and 'oohed' us as we arrived.

Blaise dressed himself in a tight white shirt with a loose black tie, while Both Draco and Harley wore black shirts, Draco wore a Navy tie that blended with his shirt while Harley held a blazer over his shoulder.
Theo had his white shirt and tie that matched Haylie's dress, and a blazer on pulling his outfit together with some silver jewellery.

"Ladies..." Blaise whistled. "Looking extremely beautiful tonight."

"Zabini don't make us blush" Haylie laughed as she reached for Theodore's hand. Where he spun her round admiring the way her dress flowed.

Harley stared in awe at Daphne as she approached him, his eyes trailing up and down as his smile widened. "Wow you look unbelievable." He said as he placed his arm out for her to hold as he led her out of the common room, Blaise, Pansy, Theo and Haylie following behind.

Draco cocked his head to the side inspecting the dress and how the material sat on my body, smiling to himself. "I knew navy was your colour. Is it alright? I wanted to suprise you" he spoke hiding his hands in his pockets.

I couldn't help but grin at how proud of himself he seemed, the way he smiled at his choice. It made me walk towards him and lightly press my lips to his as they curled up into a smile. "The dress is perfect, you look so handsome" i told him taking his hands from his pockets and holding them in my hands.

"Shall we?"

We all walked up towards the entrance hall which was filled with students wearing elegant ball gowns and suits, smiling and laughing as they awaited for the evening to begin.

Through the rows of heads i could easily spot Hannah Abbott, who seemed to be accompanied by Declan Destyll. A Ravenclaw from our year.

I couldn't spot Anthony nearby, which confused me as a ball of this extent would surely spark his interest in attending.

The great hall doors had only just opened as students began piling through when Draco tightened his grip on my hand for my attention as he nodded up towards Ron and Harry who were just arriving.

"Who let Weasley wear his great-grandmother's curtains." He smirked turning to the group.

"That's tragic" Pansy scoffed "On we go, I'm not looking at that catastrophe any longer."

"Table near the back" Theo called as they all followed the group inside, but i held Draco back to talk to him alone.

"Do you mind if i come through in a second, i'd like to ask Harry if he's seen Rickett." I asked not paying attention to Draco as my eyes skimmed the, still busy, hall.

"Actually yes, i do mind" he scoffed using a finger to pull my chin to look at him. "Why do you want to find that Hufflepuff. Your here with me."

"Please Draco, it'll only be a few minutes. I just want to check he's still feeling alright." I said kissing his cheek as he let me go, free to find Harry while Draco disappeared after our friends.

I took a few minutes swerving in and out of students with the bottom of my dress clutched into my hands until i found Harry and Ron at the bottom of the stairs.

"Boys, seen Rickett?" I asked. But they both just silently shook their heads as Ron continued whistling slightly.

"Harry a word?" I asked, I should really take the chance to ask Harry what happened with the goblet. "Don't worry Ron you don't need to leave just be quiet ." I said catching his arm as he turned with the intention to walk off.

"Did you tell Sirius or my Dad?" I asked.

"No but Dumbledore did, Sirius was furious. Professor Lupin- sorry Remus just kind of let Sirius get on with telling me off."

"Harry you didn't put your name in, did you?" I gritted, angry at the thought of him saying yes.

"Does he look mental to you!" Ron said angrily from the side.

"Was I talking to you? Ron I said you could stay. I didn't say you had to participate in conversation." I scoffed. "Harry i asked you a question. Were you stupid enough to put-,"

"No! No of course I didn't put my name in" he answered back.

"Okay" I replied calmly, which sparked confusion between the boys as they both shared the same expression.

"Okay?" Harry said slowly " So you believe me then?"

My hands played with my necklace slightly as i delayed my answer. But yes i was sure, Harry didn't put his name into the goblet of fire.

"Yes, I believe you. If you say you didn't then i have no reason to think you did." I smiled softly "but i hope you're figuring out who done this." I warned.

Harry shared a look with Ron who looked desperate to share his opinion, red was almost bursting through Ron's cheeks as he contained himself.

"Talk then Weasley." I said letting go of my necklace to leave my arms crossed in front of my chest.

"Hermione's working on it, she's no doubt going to have it sorted soon." He said bluntly.

"Where is Hermione anyways? Isn't she coming with you two" I questioned. "You do have dates, don't you. Please tell me you aren't coming alone?"

"We have dates" Harry laughed, before Ron's head turned to the stairs and his mouth practically dropped to the floor.

Harry and i both shared our attention to Hermione, who was now walking down the stairs in a gorgeous light blue dress. Her hair looked amazing as she pinned it up, straightened.

But our attention was snatched as both the Patil sisters, and Professor Mcgonigal came towards us.

Mcgonigal tried to rush Ron, Padma and I into the hall, while warning Harry that due to tradition he has to open the tournament along with the other Champions, with a dance.

Ron and i were poorless trying to contain our laughter as we disappeared into the hall.

Ron and Padma splitting off to join Dean who had asked Ginny along to the dance, Seamus, Neville and Lavender who were all sat around one table, while i searched for my friends. Finding them in the back.

———————————————————————
I think there will be one more full chapter on the dance, then possibly one half of the dance and the night after.

Please vote and comment and i will see you next chapter <3