eighty-nine

Feeling my feet hit the ground, the end of the task and noise from around me couldn't distract me from the memory i had just been shown.

My skin soaked with tears as i cupped my face in my hands, silencing my cries.

"We believe you gained this memory somehow through that box." Snape said from behind.

But I wasn't listening, instead before I could comprehend the moment i found my feet walking straight past Professor Dumbledore, down the stairs and straight towards the boats.

Ignoring Snape's calls from behind.

Keeping my head down to avoid any conversation from anyone, i pushed myself into a full boat just in time for it to take off for shore at the other side of the black lake. And the boat couldn't move fast enough.

I kept replaying the scene over and over, and every time i done so the confusion grew more.

How did i get that memory? I wasn't at home long enough to see what happened the moment i walked out that door. It's not my memory

Who gave me that memory? It couldn't of been my mother, i watched her die in that memory. She couldn't of been able to share that with me. It's impossible, and i know that it wasn't my father's memory either he wasn't there.

I couldn't help but think Dumbledore has done nothing to help me with my magic, instead he's just completely destroyed the acceptance i had of my mothers death.

Only to find out who is responsible for her death.

And he's only confused me further, what was that box? The daggers and the ancient magic? How can i be the one to use that on something i have no idea exists.

The moment my feet hit the ground i pushed through the crowd rushing back towards the castle, i knew i had to get back quickly before anyone could notice i had gone.

I had to go home, i need to speak to my father and to find this box.

Talking to Harry could wait, he would still be here when I return, he has the third task tomorrow. He had to stay and prepare.

Hopefully when I return i would at least have a clear head to talk to him.

I pushed through my dormitory door and pulled a bag from underneath my bed frame, filling it with spare clothes and anything I thought I might need.

I called Healey over from the window and attached a note to send home to my father, i let him know i was returning tonight that there was something important we needed to talk about.

I didn't take long to get organised and head back down towards the common room.

But unfortunately for me I forgot about the blonde until i saw him leaning against the wall looking at me angrily.

"So what? We have one argument and you run off like a child!" He gritted pushing to walk over to me.

"Leave me Malfoy, I'm busy." I said trying to push past.

"Malfoy?" He laughed. "Your that mad at me your calling me Malfoy?" He reached his hand out to grab my arm, pulling my bag off my shoulder and peering inside.

"Why are you taking a bag of clothes?" He asked searching through the bag." "Lyria what's going on."

I huffed in annoyance at him as he wasted my time, every time I looked at him all i seen was his father.

"Malfoy give me it now!" I said angrily reaching for the bag pushing him away.

"Look i know your mad at me for this whole curse thing but please, I'm sorry just stay and we can talk." He said keeping one handle of the bag tightened in his grasp.