eighty-eight

This Chapter is longer than usual lengths due to the story and scene.

I followed Professor Snape through the crowd, trailing behind him as he made his way up the crooked metal stairs and passing the landing occupied by the teachers and triwizard officials.

Stopping at a clear landing he casted a spell of some sort before speaking to me.

"I do not wish to tell you this, but Professor Dumbledore deems this information useful for you." He scoffed. "Once when i was looking through your mind, i came across a memory which I believe to have been hidden from you."

My face scrunched softly in confusion as I listened to his every word, curiously. "Hidden? Professor I don't think I understand you."

His hand crossed his robe over himself as he continued. "I believe that your father, and not his miscreant friends such as Black and Potter, but the likes of Lily Evans. Have hidden any recollection of ancient magic."

A laugh escaped my lips before I could stop it. "My Dad and my Godmother? Me with Ancient magic? Professor ancient magic hasn't been used by anyone in centuries."

The only person I could possibly think of having ever used ancient magic was Dumbledore himself, possibly even Voldemort. But i was never certain.

Snape tutted angrily as he watched me pace. "How do you believe Harry Potter to have lived the dark lords curse? He did not simply take it and survive. He was protected."

"But you can't block that spell! It's impossible to block it." I said starting to get angry to not see Professor Snape's point in this.

"Lily Evans used ancient magic to sacrifice her life in order to save that boy." He told me sternly. "That ancient magic has carried through Potter since that moment. Improving his magic and abilities without him even knowing such thing."

"But what does ancient magic have to do with me? I wasn't sacrificed for an unforgivable curse." I told him.

Snape's head glanced to behind me as a figure appeared at the head of the stairs.

Dumbledore.

"In fact Miss Lupin, we believe you were. We would like to show you that memory." He said quietly. "One that we believe you have not seen but were instead given."

I opened my mouth to speak but my question was answered by Snape's voice from behind.

"We do not yet know how this vision was passed to you, but we believe if you have insight to this memory we may find out." His cold voice said as he walked behind me placing his palms on the sides of my forehead.

Instantly i felt a warm pain strike through my head as the surroundings faded black, the noise from the students died out as i felt myself loosing consciousness, as the room spun dark leading to light.

My eyes reopened, and tears pricked instantly in my eyes as i stood as my current self watching little me play with toys in my childhood home.

The calendar beside the fireplace had turned years back, and months behind.

I knew what day this was, how could i not?

"Ria, breakfast is out. Come on." Her angelic voice called through the kitchen, echoing off the walls as she appeared at the livingroom door.

Arms streched wide as my younger self ran to her hold as fast as my legs carried her.

"When does Daddy come home, Mommy?" My voice spoke.

My mother was stood right in front of me, and I couldn't hold her, or talk to her. She couldn't even see me.

"Mum" i called quietly in realisation as the reality hit, following them through the house into the kitchen.